KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation is looking for a
Duty station: The Hague, the Netherlands
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation
The Finance & Administration (F&A) division is responsible for management of all projects implemented by KNCV. This includes the daily management of all grant related project implementation and management of the project life cycle, including project development, project set up, work plan and budget preparations, project monitoring including financial monitoring and implementation in collaboration with partners as well as timely, complete and correct registration of transactions in the accounting system of KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation and related legal entities and for reporting to internal and external stakeholders. It also includes partner coordination and donor relationship management, The division keeps all partners informed about relevant matters, ensuring that internal operational procedures as well as donors’ policies are adhered to and rules and regulations are being followed and all reporting requirements are met.
Furthermore, the division develops and supports the financial management system by means of operating an effective and efficient planning and control cycle, by designing and maintaining the administrative workflows and internal control procedures and by implementing and maintaining relevant IT applications.
Purpose of the position
The position of Grant Administrator is aimed at keeping a timely, complete and correct project administration of the (financial) transactions and to monitor and analyze progress and generate project based management information, including information for the financial reporting to the internal and external stakeholders.
Position in the organization
The Grant Administrator is a member of the Finance & Administration division and reports to the Financial Controller. The Project Administrator works together with the Grant Manager and supplies him with all relevant financial information for the project.
Supporting the (financial) resource management of projects/grant implementation
- Gathers up to date information of relevant donors’ financial rules, principles and procedures;
- Develops grant budget proposals (costing) based on input from budget holders and Technical (Team) Project leads;
against applicable internal and donor rules and regulations in order to get them approved;
- Reviews grant budget proposals from partners against applicable internal and donor rules and regulations in order to get them approved;
- Reports to budget holders on analysis of actual income and expenses versus budgets;
- Pro-actively analyses and reports significant discrepancies in actual income and expenses versus budgets to the Financial Controller and the budget holders;
- Prepares adjustments to budgets (MoT);
- Guides HO staff related to time writing of direct days on project level;
- Monitors the timely and correct time writing of the HO consultants.
- Ensures proper archiving of relevant (financial) project resources related documentation
Result: (Financial) Resource management of grants is adequately set up and monitored, donor guidelines are adhered to and project team has access to required administrative and financial management information on project level.
Timely, complete and correct grant administration and reporting to grant budget holder / countries/donors
- Provides financial data for donor/partner agreements;
- Enters, checks and files data for donor contracts;
- Checks, analyzes and files financial reports from countries and partners;
- Enters approved budgets into the accounting system;
- Codes invoices for proper budget allocation;
- Enters approved days in Sumatra for workplan monitoring ensuring the system to be up to date in line with workplans;
- Assists in developing and updating financial management systems and tools;
- Sparring partner for local financial officers on finance and administrative issues;
- Prepares, monitors and verifies outstanding balances and funding requests from countries and partners;
- Arranges and executes all bank transfers;
- Conducts internal audits in country and regional offices and follows up on findings with countries;
- Visits field offices for accounting, reporting, controlling and auditing purposes.
Result: periodic financial project reporting is done in a timely, complete and accurate manner.
Various financial tasks
- Manage annual audits and other administrative tasks, for the projects/country(ies) assigned to the Financial Officer;
- Uphold knowledge on rules, regulations and formats of donors;
- Participate in acquisition teams on a need basis for the development of proposals (budget section).
Result: auditors and other internal and external stakeholders are supported on grant finance related topics in an accurate and responsive manner.
Who are we looking for?
- Bachelors’ degree in a relevant field.
- Basic grant management skills;
- Knowledge of administrative procedures and financial accounting;
- Knowledge of and experience in the business and administrative processes and information flows in the organization;
- Knowledge of and insight in the KNCV organization and its field of operations;
- Advanced knowledge with relevant financial software applications and Excel;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and one other relevant language;
- Proactive and collaborative attitude.
What does KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation offer?
- A 1-year contract with extension possibility;
- An informal work atmosphere in an international environment where initiative is appreciated;
- A highly motivated team of experienced, self-driven colleagues;
- KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation has its own Employment Conditions Scheme.
Application and information
You can apply for this position via https://www.kncvtbc.org/vacancies/ before 27 November 2022.