KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation is looking for a:
Human Resource and Administrative Assistant
Duty station: Abuja, Nigeria
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation is an international non-profit organization dedicated to the fight against tuberculosis (TB), still the most deadly infectious disease in the world.
KNCV is an international center of expertise for TB control that promotes effective, efficient, innovative and sustainable tuberculosis control strategies in a national and international context. We are an organization of passionate TB professionals, including doctors, researchers, training experts, nurses and epidemiologists. We aim to stop the spread of the worldwide epidemic of TB and to prevent the further spread of drug-resistant TB.
Over the past century we have built up a wealth of knowledge and expertise, initially by successfully controlling TB in the Netherlands. Since the 1970s, we have also shared our knowledge and expertise with the rest of the world. We operate from a central office in The Hague in the Netherlands, a regional office in Central Asia and country offices worldwide. KNCV raises funds from private, institutional, corporate, and government donors.
Position: Human Resource and Administrative Assistant
Purpose of the position
The Human Resource and Administrative Assistant is responsible for maintaining the Human Resource Management policy according to the field manual, advising and supporting the staff and implementing the policy in the line. In addition, The Human Resource and Administrative Assistant maintains the staff records and performs administrative and organizational tasks in the field of HR.S/her is also responsible for undertaking administrative support functions.
Position in the organization
Hierarchically, the Human Resource and Administrative Assistant reports to the Senior Finance and Administrative Officer.
The Human Resource and Administrative Assistant:
- Supports Senior Finance and Admin Officer in implementing and maintaining the HR policies and procedures;
- Assists in the implementation of recruitment, selection and induction procedures;
- Advises employees on general staff matters and implementation of the HR policy;
- Monitors the progress and the procedures of recruitment, selection and induction;
- Assists to collect and handle information on all staff changes resulting from staff recruitment, transfers and departures, distributes this information and ensures that this is done accurately, in full and on time;
- Assists in providing the management with full and accurate information on any changes;
- Archives all accompanying documents in relevant files and archives;
- Collect and filling documentation on training and professional development courses;
- Maintains staff records and keeps the staff information system up-to-date;
- Checks and validates invoices related to staff issues;
- Collects and manages documentation relating to staff regulations;
- Monitors accurate sick leave and absence records;
- Coordinates the orientation and induction of new staff.
- Taking of minutes of meetings;
- Contacts vendors for catering services;
- Takes stock of office supplies (stationary, provisions and toiletries);
- Regularly update inventory list;
- Booking of flight tickets;
- Making hotel reservations etc.;
- Assists in the preparation of procurement documents;
- Assists in keeping the 3rd floor hall calendar;
- Handling of Total Cards;
- Regular update of procurement list (<> N200,000);
- Any other duties as assigned.
Who are we looking for?
- A minimum of a BSc in related social science field.
- A minimum of 2 years working experience with an international organization is an advantage;
- Competent with organizational HR analysis, development of HR policies and advising about a positive work climate for all staff;
- Ability to stimulate staff in their personal professional development;
- Understanding of the Nigeria Labor Law.
Behavioral competencies and skills:
- Good numerical skills;
- Strong social and communicating skills;
- Self-starter, team player, dynamic, solid;
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills;
- Advances verbal and written communication skills in English;
- Knowledge of relevant software applications.
What do we offer?
- A full-time (40 hours per week) fixed-term contract until 31st December 2020, with the intention to extend the contract depending on funding and performance;
- An informal work atmosphere in an international environment where initiative is appreciated;
- A highly-motivated team of experienced, self-driven colleagues;
- The salary is dependent upon education and relevant working experience;
- KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation has its own Employment Conditions Scheme.
Application and information
You can apply for this position by submitting your CV, including a motivation letter and 3 professional references via https://www.kncvtbc.org/vacancies/ before 26 March 2020. For more information, please contact us via +234 (0)9030349255 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that we only consider applications that are received through the KNCV website.