KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation is looking for a
Duty station: The Hague, The Netherlands
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation is an international non-profit organization dedicated to the fight against tuberculosis (TB), the deadliest infectious disease in the world. KNCV is an international center of excellence for TB control that promotes effective, efficient, innovative and sustainable tuberculosis control strategies in a national and international context. Our multidisciplinary team of passionate professionals covers a broad range of expertise such as programmatic TB control, research, clinical management, social science, education, digital health, and project management.
Over the past century KNCV has made a significant contribution to the successful fight against TB in the Netherlands, and since the 1970s, we have shared our knowledge and expertise with the rest of the world. We operate from a central office in The Hague, the Netherlands, a regional office in Central Asia and country offices in Africa and (central) Asia. KNCV raises funds from private, institutional, corporate and government donors.
KNCV is the lead partner in Challenge TB, the USAID-funded 5-year global program to decrease TB mortality and morbidity in high burdened countries. We lead an international consortium with eight partner organizations. The overarching strategic objectives of Challenge TB are to improve access to quality patient centered care for TB, TB/HIV, and drug-resistant TB services; to prevent transmission and disease progression; and to strengthen TB platforms.
Purpose of the position
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation aims to generate a solid evidence base for existing and new tools and interventions through generating evidence about the TB epidemic, the control response and specific interventions; helping countries to apply these and facilitate the sharing of knowledge. Your work will be diverse. You may conduct surveys, intervention studies, support analysis of surveillance data, carry out operational research, and provide epidemiological support to complex projects in order to enhance evidence-based decision-making.
The Junior Researcher reports to the Technical Coordinator of Team Evidence, based within the Technical Division. Team Evidence has as main activities creation, collection and dissemination of tuberculosis and methodological knowledge.
As a junior researcher you will carry out and support international research projects under supervision of senior colleagues:
- Develop project plans for research projects;
- Organize and support data collection in different countries;
- Validate data received from projects in different countries;
- Conduct statistical analyses;
- Contribute to reports and scientific articles on the basis of the research conducted.
Your work may require occasional travel abroad.
Who are we looking for?
- MSc or corresponding degree in epidemiology, health economics, statistics, medicine, pharmacy, or in international health
- Knowledge of and experience with epidemiological and statistical analysis;
- Knowledge of and experience with quantitative and qualitative epidemiological research techniques;
- Skills in applying statistical software for data validation and data analysis;
- Ability to work as part of a team and independently;
- Ability to cope with stress and to organize and prioritize workload;
- Excellent oral and writing skills in Dutch and English;
- Familiarity with infectious diseases, specifically tuberculosis.
What does KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation offer?
- A fixed-term contract for a year, with the intention to extend the contract dependent on funding and performance;
- An informal work atmosphere in an international environment where initiative is the norm;
- A highly-motivated team of experienced and self-driven colleagues;
- A competitive salary dependent upon education and relevant working experience;
- KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation has its own Employment Conditions Scheme;
Application and information
You can apply for this position, including a motivation letter and 3 professional references, via the form below before 4 December 2017. If you have any questions, feel free to contact our HRM Team in The Netherlands: +31(0)70-41672222 or mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental handicap, or status as a disabled.