KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation is looking for a fulltime
Monitoring & Evaluation Officer for the IMPAACT4TB Project
Duty Station: Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation is an international non-profit organization dedicated to the fight against tuberculosis (TB), still the deadliest infectious disease in the world.
KNCV is an international center of expertise for TB control that promotes effective, efficient, innovative and sustainable tuberculosis control strategies in a national and international context. We are an organization of passionate TB professionals, including doctors, researchers, training experts, nurses and epidemiologists. We aim to stop the spread of the worldwide epidemic of TB and to prevent the further spread of drug-resistant TB.
Over the past century we have built up a wealth of knowledge and expertise, initially by successfully controlling TB in the Netherlands. Since the 1970s, we have also shared our knowledge and expertise with the rest of the world. We operate from a central office in The Hague in the Netherlands, a regional office in Central Asia and country offices worldwide. KNCV raises funds from private, institutional, corporate, and government donors.
Position in the organization
The Monitoring & Evaluation Officer will lead and provide oversight of monitoring and evaluation related activities of IMPAACT4TB project. He/she will report directly to the IMPAACT4TB Project Manager while maintaining close communication and coordination with the headquarters’ office KNCV Monitoring & Evaluation Lead.
AS Monitoring & Evaluation Officer you will:
- Provide field technical support on monitoring and evaluation and knowledge management;
- Assist the IMPAACT4TB Project Manager in the preparation of work plans/selection of indicators and annual implementation plans with a view towards meeting the M & E requirements of IMPAACT4TB;
- Collect, report and analyze information on the IMPAACT4TB country project activities;
- Train, supervise, and oversee entry of enhanced M & E data from the two sentinel sites; and ensure proper capture into the REDCap database;
- Responsible for project data and REDCap database management;
- Train relevant health care workers with regards to data capture procedures and management;
- Ensure timely and complete reporting from field implemented activities in accordance with approved reporting formats;
- Support the data extraction of project relevant routine TB surveillance data at all project sites;
- Identify strengths and weaknesses in the data collection and management system and propose solutions
- Support data compilation and preparation of quarterly progress reports, the annual project report, and ad-hoc technical reports as required by KNCV and/or the IMPAACT4TB consortium members, in line with the required formats;
- Collect data for IMPAACT4TB annual M & E plan and use that data to improve project performance;
- Perform regular supportive supervision visits to safeguard the quality of data collected by the Field Data Collectors and to verify the accuracy of reported data;
- Support the compilation of IMPAACT4TB information on lessons learned and success stories;
- Coordinate activities with and report progress to the IMPAACT4TB Project Manager and the KNCV HQ M&E Lead and M&E Junior Assistant on a weekly basis;
- Support the IMPAACT4TB Project Manager to ensure that data queries from the IMPAACT4TB consortium and other stakeholders are addressed in an accurate and timely manner;
- Assist the IMPAACT4TB Project Manager on decision-making on resource allocation based on the priorities and performance of the project.
Who are we looking for?
- Bachelor’s Degree in Monitoring and Evaluation, Project Management, Administration, Information Management or other relevant academic background; Master’s degree will be an added advantage.
- At least 4 years of Monitoring and Evaluation experience, preferably with patient-based data;
- Hands on experience in TB surveillance and or study data collection is an advantage;
- Up to date knowledge of TB diagnosis and care;
- Experience in a non-governmental or donor funded project is an added advantage;
- Capacity to produce high quality briefs and detailed performance reports;
- Good level of proficiency in Window Excel, MS Access, REDCap, Epi-info and quantitative analysis;
- Ability to design M & E tools, surveys, surveillance systems and evaluations;
- Experience in project/programme management desired.
Behavioral competencies and skills
- Strong interpersonal skills;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and Swahili;
- Demonstrated ability to train and build capacity of others;
- Ability to work as part of a team and independently;
- Ability to cope with a demanding work environment and to organize and prioritize workload;
- Ability to work in a national and international team
What do we offer?
- A full time (40 hours) fixed-term contract for a year, with the intention to extend the contract;
- An informal work atmosphere in an international environment where initiative is appreciated;
- A highly-motivated team of experienced, self-driven colleagues;
- The salary is dependent upon education and relevant working experience;
- KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation has its own HR Manual.
Application and Information
You can apply for this position by submitting your CV, including a motivation letter and 3 professional references, via the form below . before 20 June 2019. If you have any questions, feel free to contact our HRM Team in Tanzania: + 255 22 266 4859 or mail to email@example.com.