KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation is looking for a
Duty station: Hanoi, Vietnam
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation (Hội Chống Lao Hoàng gia Hà Lan)
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation (KNCV) is one of the leading international non-profit organizations dedicated to fighting tuberculosis (TB) worldwide. We are an international center of expertise for TB control that stimulates effective, efficient and sustainable tuberculosis control strategies in a national and international context. We are an organization of passionate TB professionals; including medical doctors, researchers, training experts, nurses and epidemiologists.
Over the past century we have built a wealth of knowledge and expertise, initially by successfully driving back TB in the Netherlands, and subsequently by partnering in the fight against TB in over 40 countries worldwide.
We operate from a central office in The Hague in the Netherlands and additional country offices worldwide). KNCV raises funds from individual, institutional and corporate donors.
In Vietnam, KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation promotes effective, efficient and sustainable tuberculosis control by supporting and building capacity of health system, including national programs and active participation in national and international policy development.
In the period of 2021-2025, KNCV works closely with Vietnam National TB Control Program to provide support in development and implementation of the National Strategic Plan to end TB for 2021-2025 and vision for 2030. The KNCV funded projects focuses on introduction of new drugs and regimens, innovative diagnostics, TB infection control and the preparation of strategic TB control plan and funding applications.
Purpose of the position and organizational position
The position is aimed at supporting the Country Representative Officer (CRO) in coordinating and managing the implementation cycle of the KNCV funded projects at all levels (KNCV Vietnam office and local implementing partners). The position reports directly to the Country Representative Officer.
The Project Officer is expected to perform the following tasks:
- Assist programmatic management of the KNCV funded projects: coordinate, monitor, and supervise project activities in project sites for the KNCV funded projects;
- Propose and develop the project’s annual work plans and budgets;
- Be responsible for making and aggregating reports on project’s activities: quarterly management reports; progress reports; and other reports as per request by donors and KNCV-HQ. This includes the collection, analysis and management of information/data to develop progress reports on project activities in the agreed formats;
- Contribute to develop and apply tools for project M&E. Provide inputs to program/project monitoring and evaluation systems;
- Manage and carry out all day-to-day project financial and administrative works related with activities including budgeting, filing, travel plans and procedures;
- Communicate with project implementing partners regarding project planning, implementation, monitoring, and other issues. Review and comment on project partners’ plans and reports;
- Conduct monitoring activities to local implementing partners to ensure that the activities are timely implemented in accordance with the work plans, the quality of the activity implementation and the project objectives met;
- Prepare sub-contracts, follow up subcontracts, collect reports, financial documents and draft due reports for project activities. Prepare draft TOR for consultants when necessary;
- Represent KNCV with government and non-government organizations, donors and relevant agencies when being authorized by CRO;
- Provide inputs for the documentation of experiences and lessons-learnt from program implementation;
- Coordinate collaboration between partners to implement project activities;
- Perform other duties as requested by the CRO.
Who are we looking for?
- Being a residence of Vietnam;
- University level degree in the field of Public Health, Medicine or Health Sciences;
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of Vietnam’s health system, especially the public health sector to the successful performance of the duties assigned. Practical knowledge of health service, health sector reform and the international/national/local health response;
- Knowledge of and experience in health programs/projects coordination, management and administration;
- Knowledge of government laws in Vietnam for NGOs operation in the country;
- Good verbal and written skills in both Vietnamese and English.
- Experience in the development of project monitoring and evaluation;
- Experience in working for or with health care facilities or equivalent organizations;
- Experience in financial management with local partners preferred;
- Experience in progressively more responsible positions in the field of public health and/or development with international/local organization or donor.
What does KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation offer?
- A fixed-term contract for 1 year, with possible extension depending on performance and available funding;
- An informal work atmosphere in an international environment where initiative is appreciated;
- A highly motivated team of experienced, self-driven colleagues worldwide;
- A salary dependent upon education and relevant working experience.
Application and information
You can apply for this position via https://www.kncvtbc.org/vacancies/ by submitting your CV, including a motivation letter and 2 professional references, No later than 9 February 2022.
All applications will be carefully considered, but only short-listed applicants will be interviewed. If you
do not hear from us within 21 days of the closing date, this means your application was unsuccessful