Grant application process for MSc and PhD students
KNCV is dedicated to building TB research capacity. We support students and young professionals in doing scientific research to help address challenges in TB control.
We use the following criteria:
- The subject of the internship or PhD should clearly include tuberculosis as a main subject.
- The subject of study should be scientifically sound.
- The student should do a MSc or PhD at a Dutch University or be associated with a Dutch university.
- The student will get a maximum of 500 euro; to be used for the research project or the printing of the thesis.
- The student should submit the documents listed below as stated on our website, to verify the above criteria.
- KNCV should be mentioned as funder in the internship report/thesis.
In order to be eligible for a grant to do an internship on a tuberculosis-related research project abroad (at 500 EUR) we need the following documents:
- A motivation letter.
- An internship plan with a research proposal.
- A budget.
If approved, you will receive 250 EUR beforehand and 250 EUR after we have received a report on the internship project abroad.
In order to be eligible for a contribution towards the printing costs of your PhD thesis in the field of TB control (max. 500 EUR) we need the following documents:
- A motivation letter
- A budget
- The contents of your thesis