KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation is looking for a fulltime:
Duty Station: Abuja, Nigeria
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation is an international non-profit organization dedicated to the fight against tuberculosis (TB), the deadliest infectious disease in the world. KNCV is an international center of excellence for TB control that promotes effective, efficient, innovative and sustainable tuberculosis control strategies in a national and international context. Our multidisciplinary team of passionate professionals covers a broad range of expertise such as programmatic TB control, research, clinical management, social science, education, digital health, and project management.
Over the past century KNCV has made a significant contribution to the successful fight against TB in the Netherlands, and since the 1970s, we have shared our knowledge and expertise with the rest of the world. We operate from a central office in The Hague, the Netherlands, a regional office in Central Asia and country offices in Africa and (central) Asia. KNCV raises funds from private, institutional, corporate and government donors.
In collaboration with the Institute of Human Virology (IHVN) as the Principal Recipient (PR), KNCV is implementing the Global Fund Public-Private Mix grant; Scaling up services for TB Prevention and Control in the 3 states of Benue, Akwa Ibom and Cross River. This will involve engaging primarily with the formal and informal private health sector in these states to find and treat missing persons with TB disease, an contribute towards the National TB, Leprosy and Buruli Ulcer Control Program’s (NTBLCP) TB treatment coverage targets. The overarching strategic objectives of the PPM grant include improving access to quality patient-centered care for TB, TB/HIV and drug-resistant TB services; prevent transmission and disease progression; and to strengthen TB platforms in the private sector.
To keep accurate, complete and up-to-date office records for KNCV, as well as to provide general support to the Senior Accountant at the central office in Abuja.
Position in the organization
Hierarchically, the Account Officer reports to the Senior Accountant
As Account Officer you will:
- Checks and assigns codes to all financial documents
- Enters all financial documents into the accounting system
- Prepare and process payments in the banking system
- Monitor all advance accounts and reports outstanding balances to Abuja office on a regular basis
- Ensure that all project incurred expenses are timely paid, documented and filed
- Assist in the annual audit process and related activities
- Maintains inventory list of all KNCV Assets
- Oversee procurement process on regional level
- Maintains the petty cash accounts
- Develops and maintains an effective professional relationship with KNCV’s local banking institutions.
- Ensures compliance with Global Fund and KNCV financial management and accounting policies and regulations
- Reviews KNCV’s procedures, manuals and SOPs to assess compatibility with KNCV and donor regulations and provide input as required to the revision of the manuals.
- Follows up and ensures that all external/internal audit recommendations are implemented and cleared within the stipulated timeline.
- Engages in financial and related tasks as required by the Senior Finance and Admin Officer and the Country Representative
- Perform other additional duties as assigned by management in relation with project implementation and daily management of the organization.
Who we are looking for?
- Bachelor degree (Accounting, Finance and or Business Management)
- At least 4 years of experience in finance management, accounting and working in a project setting
- Excellent Excel skills
- Knowledge of relevant accounting software systems
- Demonstrable experience with accounting and financial reporting in Global Fund supported projects
- Must be self-starter with the ability to work in a team, dynamic, solid and open
- Must be flexible with absolute integrity, organizational awareness and understanding of cultural differences
- No nine to five mentality
What does KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation offer?
- A full-time (40 hours per week) fixed-term contract for 12 months, with the intention to extend the contract depending on funding and performance
- An informal work atmosphere in an international environment where initiative is appreciated
- A highly-motivated team of experienced, self-driven colleagues
- The salary is dependent upon education and relevant working experience
- KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation has its own Employment Conditions Scheme
Application and information
You can apply for this position by submitting your CV, including a motivation letter and 3 professional references. Closing date is 4th January 2020. For more information, please contact us via +234 (0)9030349255.
Please note that we only consider applications that are received through the KNCV website.