KNCV Kyrgyzstan is looking for a
Accountant Assistant for Challenge TB Project
Full time position
Duty station Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation is an international non-profit organization dedicated to the fight against tuberculosis (TB), the deadliest infectious disease in the world. KNCV is an international center of excellence for TB control that promotes effective, efficient, innovative and sustainable tuberculosis control strategies in a national and international context. Our multidisciplinary team of passionate professionals covers a broad range of expertise such as programmatic TB control, research, clinical management, social science, education, digital health, and project management.
Over the past century KNCV has made a significant contribution to the successful fight against TB in the Netherlands. Since the 1970s, we have shared our knowledge and expertise with the rest of the world. We operate from a central office in The Hague, the Netherlands, a regional office in Central Asia and country offices in Africa and (central) Asia. KNCV raises funds from private, institutional, corporate and government donors.
KNCV is the lead partner in Challenge TB (CTB), the USAID-funded 5-year global program to decrease TB mortality and morbidity in high burdened countries. We lead an international consortium with eight partner organizations: American Thoracic Society (ATS), FHI 360, Interactive Research & Development (IRD), Japan Anti-Tuberculosis Foundation (JATA), and Management Sciences for Health (MSH), PATH, The International Union Against Tuberculosis and Lung Disease (The Union), and the World Health Organization (WHO).
The overarching strategic objectives of CTB are to improve access to quality patient centered care for TB, TB/HIV, and drug-resistant TB services; to prevent transmission and disease progression; and to strengthen TB platforms.
The Challenge TB project in Kyrgyz Republic assists with the implementation of shorter regimens and regimens containing new drugs for the treatment of multidrug (MDR) and extensively drug-resistant (XDR) forms of TB. The Challenge TB project aims to reduce the MDR-TB burden in Kyrgyz Republic by improving health systems and clinicians’ skills in diagnosis and case management. Challenge TB has assisted the Kyrgyz Republic National TB Program in the development of a national plan for the introduction of new TB drugs such as Bedaquiline and Delamanid and the shorter (9-12 month) treatment regimen for MDR-TB.
Purpose of the position
The position of Accountant is aimed at general accounting of the KNCV Branch office ensuring compliance with local legislation, timely and accurately reporting to tax and statistical bodies, and to support the management of the KNCV Branch office in the administration and efficient financial management of projects.
The responsibilities are:
- Handle daily accounting process including but not limited to journal entries, payables, receivables, accounts reconciliations etc.
- Operate Exact accounting system and other applicable financial systems
- Check and reconcile invoices and expense reports for projects/office
- Ensure the accounting transactions are in accordance with GAAP, and cost principles imposed by KNCV or donor agency, and agree with supporting documents
- Ensure all costs have adequate prior authorization and approval
- Monitor availability of funds on bank accounts, prepare an overview of bank balances on a weekly basis
- Calculate per diems for travelers as appropriate
- Prepare supporting financial documentation for consolidated financial reports to HQ
- Produce accurate and timely financial statements as needed
- Verify contracts with suppliers for compliance with accounting rules and regulations of the KR
- Provide relevant financial data in support of financial and other staff for issuing agreements with donors and suppliers
- Ensure annual inventory control of property and fixed assets and write-off broken/outdated fixed assets ensuring legality, timeliness and accuracy of records
- Look after safe keeping of accounting documents and their turnover to the archive
- Liaise with bank, suppliers and related parties
- Support the management in other financial and administrative matters.
Your education & experience are
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance
- Certificate of Professional Accountancy is an advantage
- Experience in a similar position in a foreign business or NGO for at least 3 years
- In-depth knowledge of Kyrgyzstan tax law
- Professional qualification such as CPA, or equivalent is an important advantage
- Proficiency in Excel and accounting systems
- Being familiar with USAID financial and administrative policies, rules and regulations is an advantage.
Your competencies are:
- An eye for detail
- Planning and organizing
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Good working knowledge of written and spoken English is required. Kyrgyz language is an important advantage.
What does KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation offers
- A full-time fixed-term contract for 12 months, with the intention to extend the contract, dependent upon funding and performance
- An informal work atmosphere in an international environment where initiative is the norm
- A highly-motivated team of experienced, self-driven colleagues
- A competitive salary dependent upon education and relevant working experience.
Application & information
You can apply for this position via the form belowbefore 15 October 2017. If you have any questions, feel free to contact our local office in Kyrgyzstan: Tel +996 312 398204 or firstname.lastname@example.org .
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental handicap, or status as a disabled person.