32 hours per week
The division Finance is responsible for timely, complete and correct registration of transactions in the accounting system of KNCV (Exact Globe) and related legal entities and for reporting to internal and external stakeholders.
Furthermore, the division develops and supports the financial management system by means of operating an effective and efficient planning and control cycle, by designing and maintaining the administrative workflows and internal control procedures and by implementing and maintaining relevant ICT applications.
Position in the organization
The accountant payroll works within the Finance, Planning & Control (FP&C) division and is responsible for all payroll accounting tasks for Central Office in The Hague. You report to the Financial Controller GL and work closely with the HRM unit.
Your responsibilities are:
Monthly payroll control
- Collaborate with the HRM unit and external payroll administrator on payroll accounting related matters
- Ensure the monthly payroll payment is processed accurately and on time for all staff members with a Central Office contract
- Responsible for analyzing and approving of payroll data to determine if additional accruals and/or corrections are necessary (including expat payroll)
- Prepare journal entries, e.g. recurring and allocation entries
- Prepare journal entries for severance accruals in General Ledger
- Prepare account reconciliation of all payroll related balances accounts on a monthly basis
- Control the monthly deduction for Pension premiums and validate and approve Pension payments
- Responsible for the optimization of payroll processes & systems in collaboration with the HRM unit
- Excellent Excel skills (experience with pivot tables, IF, SumIF formulas, vlookup formulas)
- Responsible for fee calculations of our consultants
- Document main finance related payroll processes
- Monitor and process monthly time writing in Sumatra time writing system
- Prepare input on payroll related items for statutory reporting based on Dutch GAAP and Goede Doelen Nederland norm
- Annual Tax report IB 65
- Monitor and advise on WKR expenses
- Point of contact for external auditor for financial accounting questions related to salaries and fee calculations
- Generate various reports for management
General monitoring & advice
- Monitor expat staff packages on allowability according to donor guidelines, KNCV’s AVR (Employment Conditions Scheme) and consequences for WKR
- Monitor annual leave days
Your education & experience
- Bachelor level in accounting
- Knowledge of payroll procedures and financial accounting (Dutch GAAP)
- Knowledge of and experience in business and administrative processes and information flows in an international organization
- Sound knowledge of accounting guidelines and legislation
- Advanced knowledge of relevant financial software applications (Profit, Exact)
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills in English and Dutch
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work accurately and in a systematic way
- Attentive and diplomatic attitude, yet persistent in the approach of issue
- Incorruptibility Honest and discrete
- Team player
- Social and customer friendly attitude
What does KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation offer?
- A fixed-term contract for a year, with the intention to extend the contract dependent on funding and performance
- An informal work atmosphere in an international environment where initiative is the norm
- A highly-motivated team of experienced and self-driven colleagues
- A competitive salary dependent upon education and relevant working experience
- KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation has its own Employment Conditions Scheme
Application and information
You can apply for this position, including a motivation letter and 3 professional references, via the form below before 15 January 2018. If you have any questions, feel free to contact our HRM Team in The Netherlands: +31(0)70-41672222 or mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental handicap, or status as a disabled.