KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation is looking for a:
Accounts/Monitoring and Evaluation Officer Duty station: Adamawa State Nigeria
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation is an international non-profit organization dedicated to the fight against tuberculosis (TB), the deadliest infectious disease in the world. KNCV is an international center of excellence for TB control that promotes effective, efficient, innovative and sustainable tuberculosis control strategies in a national and international context. Our multidisciplinary team of passionate professionals covers a broad range of expertise such as programmatic TB control, research, clinical management, social science, education, digital health, and project management.
Over the past century KNCV has made a significant contribution to the successful fight against TB in the Netherlands, and since the 1970s, we have shared our knowledge and expertise with the rest of the world. We operate from a central office in The Hague, the Netherlands, a regional office in Central Asia and country offices in Africa and (central) Asia. KNCV raises funds from private, institutional, corporate and government donors.
TB REACH is a special initiative of Stop TB which provides funding to partners for testing innovative approaches and technologies aimed at increasing the number of people diagnosed and treated for tuberculosis, decreasing the time to appropriate treatment and improving treatment success rates. The Stop TB Partnership is a global, multi-stakeholder partnership that seeks to achieve a world without tuberculosis through facilitating, catalyzing and coordinating the work of its partners.
Purpose of the position
The Accounts/ M&E Officer is responsible for the timely, complete and accurate registration of transactions in the accounting system of KNCV and related legal entities and for reporting to internal and external stakeholders.
Furthermore, the Accounts/ M&E Officer will develop and support the financial management system by operating an effective, efficient planning and control cycle, by designing and maintaining the administrative workflows and internal control procedures; by implementing and maintaining relevant IT applications. S/he is expected to keep accurate, complete and up-to-date office records for KNCV, as well as to provide general support to the Senior Accountant and M&E Advisor at the central office in Abuja.
Position in the organization
The Accounts/ M&E Officer reports to the Country Director.
As Accounts/ M&E Officer you will:
- Check and assign codes to all financial documents
- Enter all financial documents into the accounting system
- Prepare and process payments in the banking system
- Monitor all advance accounts and reports outstanding balances to Abuja office on a regular basis
- Ensure that all project incurred expenses are timely paid, documented and filed
- Assist in the annual audit process and related activities
- Maintain inventory list of Project Assets
- Oversee procurement process on a local level
- Maintain the petty cash accounts
- Develop and maintain an effective professional relationship with KNCV’s local banking institutions
- Ensure compliance with Stop TB Partnership and KNCV financial management and accounting policies and regulations
- Engage in financial and related tasks as required by the Senior Finance and Admin Officer and the Country Representative
- Ensure adherence to all major financial rules and regulations which are described in the KNCV Field Office Manual
- Assist in timely and complete reporting of TBREACH activities
- Adapt & implement tools & techniques to improve quality and use of data
- Contribute to employ a rigorous monitoring and evaluation system to track the progress of all activities and outputs
- Assist in monitoring and evaluating progress towards annual work plans, expected outputs, including selecting and monitoring progress in meeting indicators
- Ensure timely data collection, compilation and reporting according to TBREACH M&E plan
- Perform other additional duties assigned
Who are we looking for?
- MBB Bachelor degree (Accounting, Finance and or Business Management)
- At least 4 years of experience in accounting and working in a project setting
- Demonstrable experience with accounting and financial reporting in donor funded projects
- Knowledge of relevant accounting software systems
- Proficiency in statistical analysis and the use of computer application (Microsoft Excel etc.)
- Excellent written and verbal English language skills and Hausa
Behavioral competencies and skills:
- Self-starter with the ability to work in a team, dynamic, solid and open
- Flexible with absolute integrity, organizational awareness and understanding of cultural differences
What do we offer?
- A full-time (40 hours per week) fixed-term contract until 30th September 2019, with the intention to extend the contract depending on funding and performance
- An informal work atmosphere in an international environment where initiative is appreciated
- A highly-motivated team of experienced, self-driven colleagues
- The salary is dependent upon education and relevant working experience
- KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation has its own Employment Conditions Scheme
Application and information
You can apply for this position by submitting your CV, including a motivation letter and 3 professional references via the form below before 3 September 2018. For more information, please contact us via +234 (0)9030349255 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that we only consider applications that are received through the KNCV website.