KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation is looking for a fulltime
Duty Station: Abuja, Nigeria
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation is an international non-profit organization dedicated to the fight against tuberculosis (TB), the deadliest infectious disease in the world. KNCV is an international center of excellence for TB control that promotes effective, efficient, innovative and sustainable tuberculosis control strategies in a national and international context. Our multidisciplinary team of passionate professionals covers a broad range of expertise such as programmatic TB control, research, clinical management, social science, education, digital health, and project management.
Over the past century KNCV has made a significant contribution to the successful fight against TB in the Netherlands. Since the 1970s, we have shared our knowledge and expertise with the rest of the world. We operate from a central office in The Hague, the Netherlands, a regional office in Central Asia and country offices in Africa and (central) Asia. KNCV raises funds from private, institutional, corporate and government donors.
KNCV is the lead partner in Challenge TB, a USAID-funded 5-year global program to decrease TB mortality and morbidity in high burdened countries. We lead an international consortium with eight partner organizations: American Thoracic Society (ATS), FHI 360, Interactive Research & Development (IRD), Japan Anti-Tuberculosis Foundation (JATA), and Management Sciences for Health (MSH), PATH, The International Union Against Tuberculosis and Lung Disease (The Union), and the World Health.
The overarching strategic objectives of Challenge TB are to improve access to quality patient centered care for TB, TB/HIV, and MDR-TB services; to prevent transmission and disease progression; and to strengthen TB platforms.
Purpose of the position
The Account Officer keeps accurate, complete and update office records for KNCV country office, and assists the senior accounts officer with monitoring of the balance sheet and the supply of relevant information to internal stakeholders.
As Account Officer you will:
- Check and assign codes to all financial documents
- Enter all financial documents into the accounting system
- Prepare and process payments in the banking system
- Monitor all advance accounts and reports outstanding balances to Senior Accountant and Senior Finance & Admin Officer on a regular basis
- Ensure that all project incurred expenses are timely paid, documented and filed
- Assist in the annual audit process and related activities
- Assist procurement process
- Maintain the petty cash accounts
- Assist preparing financial reports for internal and external stakeholders
- Assist preparing budgets and budget modifications
- Ensure compliance with all US Government (USG) and KNCV financial management and accounting policies and regulations
- Engage in financial and related tasks as required by the Senior Finance & Admin Officer and the Country Representative
- Ensure adherence to all major financial rules and regulations which are described in the KNCV Field Office Manual and operations manual of USAID
- Perform other additional duties as assigned by management in relation with project implementation and daily management of the organization.
Who are we looking for?
- Bachelor degree (Accounting, Finance and or Business Management)
- At least 4 years of experience in accounting and working in a project setting
- Demonstrable experience with accounting and financial reporting in USG supported projects
- Knowledge of relevant accounting software systems
Behavioral competencies and skills:
- Excellent Excel skills
- Proficiency in the use of computer applications (e.g. Microsoft office etc.)
- Excellent written and verbal English language skills
- Must be self-starter with the ability to work in a team, dynamic, solid and open
- Must be flexible with absolute integrity, organizational awareness and understanding of cultural differences.
What do we offer?
- A full-time (40 hours per week) fixed-term contract for a year, with the intention to extend the contract. Depending on funding and performance;
- An informal work atmosphere in an international environment where initiative is appreciated;
- A highly-motivated team of experienced, self-driven colleagues;
- The salary is dependent upon education and relevant working experience;
- KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation has its own Employment Conditions Scheme.
Application and Information
You can apply for this position by submitting your CV, including a motivation letter and 3 professional references, via the form below before 10th October 2017. If you have any questions, feel free to contact our HRM Team in Nigeria: +234 (0)9030349255 or mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that we only consider the applications that are received through the website