KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation is looking for a fulltime
Duty Station: Lilongwe, Malawi
KNCV is the lead partner in Challenge TB (CTB), the USAID-funded 5-year global program to decrease TB mortality and morbidity in high-burdened countries. We lead an international consortium with eight partner organizations: American Thoracic Society (ATS), FHI 360, Interactive Research & Development (IRD), Japan Anti-Tuberculosis Foundation (JATA), Management Sciences for Health (MSH), PATH, The International Union Against Tuberculosis and Lung Disease (The Union), and the World Health Organization (WHO).
The overarching strategic objectives of Challenge TB are to improve access to quality patient centred care for TB, TB/HIV, and MDR-TB services; to prevent transmission and disease progression; and to strengthen TB platforms.
Purpose of the position
In the position of the Accounts Officer you are responsible for keeping accurate, complete and up-to date office records for KNCV Malawi country office, as well as assisting the senior finance and administration officer with monitoring of the balance sheet and the supply of relevant information to internal stakeholders.
As an Accounts Officer you will:
- Check and assign codes to all financial documents
- Ensure payment requests and settlements are on available budget
- Enter all financial documents into the accounting system
- Prepare and process payments in the banking system
- Monitor all advance accounts and reports outstanding balances to the Senior Finance and Admin Officer on a regular basis
- Ensure that all project incurred expenses are timely paid, documented and filed
- Assist in the annual audit process and related activities
- Assist procurement process on regional level
- Maintain the petty cash accounts
- Assist preparing financial reports for internal and external stakeholders
- Assist preparing budgets
- Ensure compliance with all US Government (USG) and KNCV financial management and accounting policies and regulations
- Ensure adherence to all major financial rules and regulations which are described in the KNCV Field Office Manual and operations manual of USAID
- Perform other tasks as assigned by the Senior Finance and Admin Officer.
Who we are looking for?
- Bachelor degree (Accounting, Finance and or Business Management). Those with ACCA/CIMA/ICAM arepreferred
- Excellent written and verbal English language skills
- Must be self-starter with the ability to work in a team, dynamic, solid and open
- Must be flexible with absolute integrity, organizational awareness and understanding of cultural differences.
- Minimum 4 years’ experience directly related to financial management or accountancy, preferably with an international non-for-profit organization (NGO)
- Demonstrable experience with accounting and financial reporting in USG supported projects
- Knowledge of Malawian government laws for NGOs operation in the country
- Knowledge and proficiency in financial Accounting software, like QuickBooks, EXACT & MS Excel and MS Word.
Behavioral competencies and skills
- Good interpersonal communication
- Ability to cope with stress and to organize and prioritize workload
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of a team
- Sound analytical skills and integrity.
What does KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation offer?
- A contract for 12 months with possible extension depending on performance and available funding
- An informal work atmosphere in an international environment where initiative is appreciated
- A highly-motivated team of experienced, self-driven colleagues
- The salary is dependent upon education and relevant working experience
- KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation has its own Employment Conditions Scheme.
Application and information
You can apply for the positions via the form below, closing date is 22nd February 2018. For more information, please contact us via +265 994 869 999 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that we only consider the applications that are received through the KNCV website. Applicants that are sent to recruit email account are not taken into consideration.