KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation is looking for a fulltime
Active Case Finding (ACF) Coordinator
Duty Station: Lilongwe, Malawi
KNCV is the lead partner in Challenge TB (CTB), the USAID-funded 5-year global program to decrease TB mortality and morbidity in high-burdened countries. We lead an international consortium with eight partner organizations: American Thoracic Society (ATS), FHI 360, Interactive Research & Development (IRD), Japan Anti-Tuberculosis Foundation (JATA), Management Sciences for Health (MSH), PATH, The International Union Against Tuberculosis and Lung Disease (The Union), and the World Health Organization (WHO).
The overarching strategic objectives of Challenge TB are to improve access to quality patient centred care for TB, TB/HIV, and MDR-TB services; to prevent transmission and disease progression; and to strengthen TB platforms.
Purpose of the position
In the position of the ACF Coordinator you provide technical assistance and service delivery for TB in some key priority areas and you design and implement active case finding (ACF) activities in Lilongwe. You will liaise with partners, District TB Officers, HIV Focal points, City Officials and Civil Society Organizations, and health facilities in the planning and implementation of the ACF activities and oversee daily activities of the team.
As an ACF Coordinator you will:
- Contribute to the overall framework (design) of ACF in the Urban setting with a focus on high volume clinics and urban poor settings;
- Organize meetings with city official, community groups in catchment area;
- Develop and implementation plan with milestones and targets;
- Mobilize communities and health services;
- Ensure smooth running of the ACF services;
- Meet weekly with the Management team.
Who we are looking for?
- Masters’ degree in Public Health, Epidemiology, Social Science or other relevant field
- Minimum of 5 years work experience in public health – TB or HIV programs
- Experience in teaching and capacity building
- Experience in managing a team
- Proven ability to develop effective working relationships
Behavioral competencies and skills
- Good interpersonal communication;
- An out-of-the-box thinker who can develop innovative ideas towards achieving the objective of increase case finding;
- Ability to cope with stress and to organize and prioritize workload;
- Sound analytical skills and integrity.
What does KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation offer?
- A contract for 12 months with possible extension depending on performance and available funding;
- An informal work atmosphere in an international environment where initiative is appreciated;
- A highly-motivated team of experienced, self-driven colleagues;
- The salary is dependent upon education and relevant working experience;
- KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation has its own Employment Conditions Scheme.
Application and information
You can apply for the positions via the form below, closing date is the 8th of October 2017. For more information, please contact us via +265 994 869 999 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that we only consider the applications that are received through the KNCV website. Applicants that are sent to recruit email account are not taken into consideration.