KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation is looking for a fulltime
Administrative Assistant Duty Station: Addis Ababa
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation is an international non-profit organization dedicated to the fight against tuberculosis (TB), still the second most deadly infectious disease in the world. KNCV is an international center of expertise for TB control that promotes effective, efficient, innovative and sustainable tuberculosis control strategies in a national and international context.
We are an organization of passionate TB professionals, including doctors, researchers, training experts, nurses and epidemiologists. We aim to stop the spread of the worldwide epidemic of TB and to prevent the further spread of drug-resistant TB. Over the past century we have built up a wealth of knowledge and expertise, initially by successfully controlling TB in the Netherlands. Since the 1970s, we have also shared our knowledge and expertise with the rest of the world. We operate from a central office in The Hague in the Netherlands, a regional office in Central Asia and country offices worldwide. KNCV raises funds from private, institutional, corporate, and government donors. KNCV’s main funding source is the USAID funded Challenge TB project, which is also implemented in Ethiopia.
Latent tuberculosis (TB) infection (LTBI) is the seed bed for developing TB disease and continued transmission. The World Health Organization (WHO) estimated in 1999 that one third of the world’s population is latently infected with TB. WHO policy to give at least six months of isoniazid preventive therapy (IPT) to people living with HIV (PLWHIV) and child contacts has existed since 1993, yet the uptake of IPT in high burden countries remains poor. A short-course regimen of isoniazid and rifapentine weekly for three months (3HP) is now available. 3HP is associated with less toxicity, better adherence and similar efficacy to IPT and may be logistically easier for programmes to scale up. WHO has included scaling up TB preventive therapy, particularly short-course regimens, in its End TB strategy. Implementation of 3HP will meet the same fate as IPT unless existing barriers to its supply, adoption, demand and delivery are removed.
Purpose of the job (general)
The administrative Assistant is accountable for performing handling petty cash, making payment for training and other as required. S/he will provide quality, efficient and hands-on services for efficient office operations support in the areas of equipping the office with necessary items; handling and facilitating routine procurements; handling monthly service fee payments; and perform other admin and finance related tasks.
Position in the organization
The Administrative Assistant reports to the Finance and Administrative Officer
Duties and responsibilities:
- Perform cash payments and ensure that it is made in accordance with KNCV Ethiopia policy and procedures
- Making sure no trainer is paid without checking his/her delegation letter and identification card and document with the payment
- Handling petty cash according to KNCV Ethiopia petty cash policy
- Request petty cash reimbursement timely before it reaches below the minimum level set.
- Making sure all payments to vendors from petty cash are made after checking EPLS check
- Responsible to keep petty cash in a safe box at all times
- Count a petty cash with a person assigned by the Finance and Admin Officer at the end of every week, month, and the end of the year and make reconciliations.
- Issue Cash Receipts Vouchers for each deposit made to KNCV Bank
- Perform monthly request for office supplies including paper, stationery, toner, refreshments, cleaning materials etc
- Sends and receives mails, parcels official business and personal effects to regional offices, through DHL, Post Office or hand carried by KNCV/Challenge TB staff, or visitors.
- Verifies telephone bills and initiate payment processes;
- Ensure that the monthly office Utility, Telephone, broadband bills are paid
- Perform photocopying and binding of document as requested
- Assist during events including setting up, registration; payment of cash and other tasks as needed.
- Work as liaison officer in supporting staff coming from HQ in arranging visa , hotel booking and etc.
- Ensures proper stock management system by establishing/updating catalogue of all property items kept in the general store
- Provides update on the status of stored items including type, amount, pipelines if requested.
- Ensures that KNCV Ethiopia resources (property, telephone, office supplies etc) are properly used for project purposes so that unauthorized personal used are avoided. Report any unauthorized use to the respective staff’s supervisor.
- Keeps copies of all office keys in safeguarded manner with strict regulation of protecting properties and confidentiality of only authorized persons.
- Perform other activities as assigned by the supervisor
Who are we looking for?
- BA degree or Diploma in Business Administration/Accounting or related fields.
- Experienced administrative professional who is reliable, highly organized and has a positive attitude
- Self-starter who can work independently
- Skilled in establishing priorities and managing workload
- Good oral and written communication skills of English language.
- Ability to follow instructions
- Previous experience in office setting required; cash payment handling and event support
- Technologically literate with basic computer skills
- Good organization skills and record keeping (attention to detail is critical)
What do we offer?
- A full-time (40 hours per week) fixed-term contract for a year, with the intention to extend the contract. Depending on funding and performance;
- An informal work atmosphere in an international environment where initiative is appreciated;
- A highly-motivated team of experienced, self-driven colleagues;
- The salary is dependent upon education and relevant working experience;
- KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation has its own Employment Conditions Scheme.
Application and Information
You can apply for this position by submitting your CV, including a motivation letter and 3 professional references, via the form below . before May 31, 2019. If you have any questions, feel free to contact our HRM Team in Ethiopia: + 251116673801 or mail to email@example.com.
Please note that we only consider the applications that are received through the KNCV website. Applicants that are sent to recruit email account are not taken into consideration.