KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation is looking for a
Duty station: Almaty, Kazakhstan
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation is an international non-profit organization dedicated to the fight against tuberculosis (TB), the most deadly infectious disease in the world. KNCV is an international center of expertise for TB control that promotes effective, efficient, innovative and sustainable tuberculosis control strategies in a national and international context. We are an organization of passionate TB professionals, including doctors, researchers, training experts, nurses and epidemiologists. We aim to stop the worldwide epidemic of TB and to prevent the further spread of drug-resistant TB.
Over the past century we have built a wealth of knowledge and expertise, initially by successfully controlling TB in the Netherlands. Since the 1970s, we have also shared our knowledge and expertise with the rest of the world. We operate from a central office in The Hague, the Netherlands, a regional office in Central Asia and country offices worldwide. KNCV raises funds from private, institutional, corporate and government donors
KNCV Regional Office Kazakhstan
The KNCV Regional Office in Central Asia is a Representative Office of the Royal Netherlands Association on prevention and fight against tuberculosis that was officially registered in Almaty, Kazakhstan in 2006.
KNCV Regional Office is responsible for implementation of KNCV’ projects/programs in Kazakhstan, and at the same time, operates as a Technical Hub for the region. Regional Office is accountable to KNCV Central Office and works in close collaboration and coordination with country & project teams at Central Office.
Regional Office manages and coordinates projects/programs implemented by KNCV in Kazakhstan and ensures timely and proper implementation of the activities. Regional Office maintains good collaboration with key partners and ensures communication on KNCV activity in the country.
In March 2017, KNCV Representative Office in Central Asia signed contract with the National Scientific Center of Phthysiopulmonology of the Republic of Kazakhstan as a sub-recipient for implementation of NFM GFATM grant. In the framework of this project, KNCV will provide technical support to the PIU GFATM grant and NTP on involvement of non-governmental organizations in provision of TB care.
Purpose of the job
We are looking for a responsible Administrative Assistant to perform a variety of administrative and clerical tasks. Duties of the Administrative Assistant include providing support to our employees, assisting in daily office needs and managing our company’s general administrative activities.
Position in the organization
Administrative Assistant is accountable and reports to the Director of the KNCV Office in Almaty.
Projects and office support
- Provide general administrative support for smooth functioning of the office;
- Provide logistical arrangements for projects activities (duty travels, missions, workshops/seminars, other meetings);
- Provide support to projects’ staffs in budgeting of project events;
- Scan, record, refer and follow up correspondence and documents, evaluate the urgency of critical nature of items bringing them to the attention of the responsible staff;
- Maintain a proper filing systems; registration and filing of incoming and outgoing correspondence;
- Keep order in the office’s library, recording available literature and its distribution among partners;
- Ensure timely supply of the office with stationery and other necessary supplies;
- Work with the Landlord on the maintenance of premises and associated service;
- Provide first review of the administrative contracts with regard to adequacy of service terms and conditions;
- Request suppliers/contractors for invoices and other supporting documents/registers, provide first review for conformity with provided service and timely submit them to the relevant financial staff;
- Keep records of leaves, maintain staff list and list of staff’s emergency contacts;
- Ensure the proper use, maintenance and repair of office facilities (furniture, equipment), and liaise with IT service provider ensuring IT troubleshooting;
- Assist the Financial Officer in preparing financial reports;
- Documenting all business related event and or project activities;
- Maintain E-portal and website of the KNCV RO administering their updates.
Who are we looking for?
- University degree
- Proven experience as an administrative assistant not less than 3 years;
- Knowledge of office management systems and procedures;
- Good skills in using office equipment;
- Proficiency in MS Office (MS Excel and MS PowerPoint, in particular);
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize work;
- Attention to detail and problem solving skills;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Strong organizational skills
Behavioral competences and skills
- Ability to work in a team;
- Good organizational and analytical skills;
- Good negotiation skills;
- Good presentation skills;
- Ability to work under pressure;
- Excellent verbal and written Russian and English;
- Willingness to learn.
What does KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation offer?
- A part time (60%) fixed-term contract for a year with possible extension;
- An informal work atmosphere in an international environment where initiative is appreciated;
- A highly-motivated team of experienced, self-driven colleagues;
- The salary is dependent upon education and relevant working experience.
Application and information
You can apply for this position via the form below before 20 April 2017. If you have any questions, feel free to contact KNCV CAR in Almaty: +7 7272911255 or email@example.com
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental handicap, or status as a disabled person.