KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation is looking for a fulltime
Administrative Assistant Duty Station: Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation is an international non-profit organization dedicated to the fight against tuberculosis (TB), still the deadliest infectious disease in the world.
KNCV is an international center of expertise for TB control that promotes effective, efficient, innovative and sustainable tuberculosis control strategies in a national and international context. We are an organization of passionate TB professionals, including doctors, researchers, training experts, nurses and epidemiologists. We aim to stop the spread of the worldwide epidemic of TB and to prevent the further spread of drug-resistant TB.
Over the past century we have built up a wealth of knowledge and expertise, initially by successfully controlling TB in the Netherlands. Since the 1970s, we have also shared our knowledge and expertise with the rest of the world. We operate from a central office in The Hague in the Netherlands, a regional office in Central Asia and country offices worldwide. KNCV raises funds from private, institutional, corporate, and government donors.
Purpose of the assignment
The Finance & Administrative Officer is responsible for the financial management, administration & human resource management of the country office in accordance with the Tanzanian legislation and KNCV HRM Manual.
The Finance & Administrative Officer supervises the Finance & Administrative Assistant.
Purpose of the assignment
The Administrative Assistant will provide support in project administration and management for effective project implementation.
Position in the organization
The Administrative Assistant reports directly to the Finance & Administration Officer.
As Administrative Assistant you will:
- Support administration and financial matters within the project implementation;
- Set up appointments/meetings with government, partner organizations and other stakeholders;
- Organize, coordinate and arrange all meetings and travels involving the project;
- Prepare and distribute minutes of meetings during administrative and coordination meetings and other activities involving KNCV and partners;
- Support senior staff to prepare liquidation report of their duty trips that have been completed;
- Provide administrative and budgetary support in planning, budgeting, organizing, implementation and monitoring of training activities;
- Pay relevant allowances to training facilitators and participants consistent with KNCV policies and project specification;
- Collect training expenditures and liaise with the Finance Officer in analyzing the financial returns and reconciliations from the trainings and workshops;
- Assist the Finance Officer in posting of invoices and retirement in the Exact system;
- File documents such as payment vouchers and retirements;
- Maintain the inventory book of project assets;
- Perform procurement for the project;
- Perform other duties and responsibilities assigned by management in relation to project implementation and daily management of the organization.
Who are we looking for?
- Bachelor’s Degree in Administration, Finance, Logistics or any relevant area.
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant experience;
- Working experience with international NGOs is an added advantage;
- Good level of proficiency in Windows Excel;
- Knowledge on Exact accounting package will be an added advantage.
Behavioral competencies and skills
- Good oral and written communication skills in English and Swahili;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work in a multicultural environment as part of a team and independently;
- Ability to cope with a demanding work environment and to organize and prioritize workload.
What do we offer?
- A full time (40 hours) fixed-term contract for a year, with the intention to extend the contract;
- An informal work atmosphere in an international environment where initiative is appreciated;
- A highly-motivated team of experienced, self-driven colleagues;
- The salary is dependent upon education and relevant working experience;
- KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation has its own HR Manual.
Application and Information
You can apply for this position by submitting your CV, including a motivation letter and 3 professional references, via the form below . before 20 June 2019. If you have any questions, feel free to contact our HRM Team in Tanzania: + 255 22 266 4859 or mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.