KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation is looking for a fulltime
Duty Station: Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation is an international non-profit organization dedicated to the fight against tuberculosis (TB), still the second most deadly infectious disease in the world.
KNCV is an international center of expertise for TB control that promotes effective, efficient, innovative and sustainable tuberculosis control strategies in a national and international context. We are an organization of passionate TB professionals, including doctors, researchers, training experts, nurses and epidemiologists. We aim to stop the spread of the worldwide epidemic of TB and to prevent the further spread of drug-resistant TB.
Over the past century we have built up a wealth of knowledge and expertise, initially by successfully controlling TB in the Netherlands. Since the 1970s, we have also shared our knowledge and expertise with the rest of the world. We operate from a central office in The Hague in the Netherlands, a regional office in Central Asia and country offices worldwide. KNCV raises funds from private, institutional, corporate, and government donors.
KNCV is the lead partner in Challenge TB, the new USAID-funded 5-year global program to decrease TB mortality and morbidity in high burdened countries. We lead an international consortium with eight partner organizations: American Thoracic Society (ATS), Family Health International (FHI 360), Interactive Research & Development (IRD), Japanese Anti Tuberculosis Foundation (JATA), Management Sciences for Health (MSH), Program for Appropriate Technology in Health (PATH), The International Union Against Tuberculosis and Lung Disease (The Union), and the World Health Organization.
The overarching strategic objectives of Challenge TB are to improve access to quality patient centered care for TB, TB/HIV, and MDR-TB services; to prevent transmission and disease progression; and to strengthen TB platforms.
Purpose of the job
The Administrative Assistant ensures the efficient day to day operation of the office and supports the work of management and others. Key position elements include: secretarial support to the office; monitoring of individual activities; coordination of logistics for the project team, their activities, and management and processing of all associated forms and information.
Position in the organization
He/she reports to the Country Representative.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Handles incoming phone calls in a professional and efficient way
- Follows up on procurements and VAT related matters for exemption at the Ministry of Finance
- Organizes (team) meetings and arranges rooms and relevant equipment
- Drafts meeting agendas, take minutes and monitor follow up activities
- Organizes conferences, workshops, meetings and other events
- Liaising with procurement issues in sending out and receiving the quotations
- Coordinates and arrange hotel rooms, transport and catering for Challenge TB staff and guests
- Coordinates with other CTB staff as needed on communications and travel
- Assists with completion and correctness of administrative forms as required including procurement request forms, check requests etc
- Drafts correspondence to partners and collaborators including general incoming correspondence
- Administers petty cash according to established procedures
- Coordinates the maintenance of office equipment
- Coordinates support from driver/use of car(s) for optimal use, maintenance, insurance and procurement/lease
- Coordinates cleaning service by cleaning staff where required
- Takes care of office supplies (e.g. drinking water, refreshment, stationeries, etc.)
Who are we looking for?
- Degree or Advanced Diploma in Public administration, or related degree
Knowledge and experience
- Excellent computer skills (incl MS word, Excell and Power Point)
- Demonstrated basic accounting skills with experience in petty cash management.
- Demonstrated work experience in an international organization
- Ability to work in an efficient and prompt manner in areas of correspondence, logistics for local travel, filing, and record-keeping
- Experience in setting up administration system
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and Swahili
- The ability to organize and prioritize with eye for details
- The ability to operate in a problem solving way
- Multi-tasking and able to meet deadlines in time
- Strong interpersonal skills
What does KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation offer?
- A full time (40 hours) fixed-term contract for a year, with the intention to extend the contract;
- An informal work atmosphere in an international environment where initiative is appreciated;
- A highly-motivated team of experienced, self-driven colleagues;
- The salary is dependent upon education and relevant working experience;
- KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation has its own Employment Conditions Scheme;
Application and information
You can apply for this position via the form below before the 10th February 2017. If you have any questions, feel free to contact us via +255 22 2664859 or send an email to email@example.com.
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental handicap, or status as a disabled person.