KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation is looking for a
Administrative Assistant (fulltime)
Duty station: Blantyre, Malawi
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation is an international non-profit organization dedicated to the fight against tuberculosis (TB), still the second most deadly infectious disease in the world.
KNCV is an international center of expertise for TB control that promotes effective, efficient, innovative and sustainable tuberculosis control strategies in a national and international context. We are an organization of passionate TB professionals, including doctors, researchers, training experts, nurses and epidemiologists. We aim to stop the spread of the worldwide epidemic of TB and to prevent the further spread of drug-resistant TB.
Over the past century we have built up a wealth of knowledge and expertise, initially by successfully controlling TB in the Netherlands. Since the 1970s, we have also shared our knowledge and expertise with the rest of the world. We operate from a central office in The Hague in the Netherlands, a regional office in Central Asia and country offices worldwide. KNCV raises funds from private, institutional, corporate, and government donors.
KNCV is the lead partner in Challenge TB (CTB), the new USAID-funded 5-year global program to decrease TB mortality and morbidity in high burdened countries. We lead an international consortium with eight partner organizations: American Thoracic Society (ATS), Family Health International (FHI 360), Interactive Research & Development (IRD), Japanese Anti Tuberculosis Foundation (JATA), Management Sciences for Health (MSH), Program for Appropriate Technology in Health (PATH), The International Union Against Tuberculosis and Lung Disease (The Union), and the World Health Organization.
The overarching strategic objectives of Challenge TB are to improve access to quality patient centered care for TB, TB/HIV, and MDR-TB services; to prevent transmission and disease progression; and to strengthen TB platforms.
Purpose of the position
The position of Administrative Assistant aims at planning, directing and overseeing the project activities at KNCV Malawi Office, including procurement, administrative and office operations.
He/she reports to the Challenge TB Finance Administration Officer.
- Prepares letters as per the guidance from the Country Director or Finance Administration Officer
- Prepares, disseminates and documents minutes of meetings
- Responsible for file management, dissemination of programmatic information and contributes to KNCVs knowledge management
- Responsible for office communication (e-mail, phone calls, documents, etc.) in English and local language
- Follows up on VAT exemption issues at the related Ministry and USAID Mission
- Provides administrative and logistic support for the organization of events for all technical areas, including training, meetings, workshops, inaugural events, etc.
- Takes care of office supplies, including making sure all required stationaries are present
- Takes care of maintenance and servicing of office equipment
- Assists with printing, photocopying and scanning of relevant documents
- Implements other relevant duties as deemed necessary by the Country Director and Finance Administration Officer
- In charge of making flight arrangements for all domestic air travels as per request, and approved by the Country Director
- Liaises with Raptim Travel in the Netherlands for international travel of staff and sponsored travelers as per request, and approved by the Country Director
- Facilitates obtaining of visa for visiting consultants as needed (writing of invitation letters, obtaining travel approval at immigration office, etc.)
- Coordinates and arranges hotel rooms, transport and catering for Challenge TB staff and guest during workshops, conferences, and trainings
Duration of the contract
12 months with possible extension.
Who are we looking for?
- Minimum of Advanced Diploma in Business Administration, Public Administration or Social services
- Experience working with USAID, and/or other donor funded projects, will be an added advantage
- Minimum of five years relevant experience
- Strong command of written and spoken English
- Proficiency in relevant software (Word, Excel)
- Knowledge of accounting skills will be an added advantage
Behavioral competencies and skills:
- Diplomacy, tact and sensitivity
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
You can apply for this position via the form bewow before 11 November 2016. If you have any questions, feel free to contact our HRM Team in The Netherlands: +31(0)70-4167228 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that we only consider the applications that are received through the KNCV website. Applicants that are sent to recruit email account are not taken into consideration
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental handicap, or status as a disabled.