KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation is looking for a
Duty station: Hawassa, SNNPR Ethiopia
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation is an international non-profit organization dedicated to the fight against tuberculosis (TB), still the most deadly infectious disease in the world.
KNCV is an international center of expertise for TB control that promotes effective, efficient, innovative and sustainable tuberculosis control strategies in a national and international context. We are an organization of passionate TB professionals, including doctors, researchers, training experts, nurses and epidemiologists. We aim to stop the spread of the worldwide epidemic of TB and to prevent the further spread of drug-resistant TB.
Over the past century we have built up a wealth of knowledge and expertise, initially by successfully controlling TB in the Netherlands. Since the 1970s, we have also shared our knowledge and expertise with the rest of the world. We operate from a central office in The Hague in the Netherlands, a regional office in Central Asia and country offices worldwide. KNCV raises funds from private, institutional, corporate, and government donors.
KNCV is the lead partner in Challenge TB (CTB), a USAID-funded 5-year global program to decrease TB mortality and morbidity in high burdened countries. We lead an international consortium with eight partner organizations: American Thoracic Society (ATS), FHI 360, Interactive Research & Development (IRD), Japan Anti-Tuberculosis Foundation (JATA), and Management Sciences for Health (MSH), PATH, The International Union Against Tuberculosis and Lung Disease (The Union), and the World Health Organization (WHO).
The overarching strategic objectives of CTB are to improve access to quality patient centered care for TB, TB/HIV, and MDR-TB services; to prevent transmission and disease progression; and to strengthen TB platforms.
In Ethiopia, KNCV is responsible for the implementation of the project together with MSH and WHO and operates in close communication with the National TB program (NTP), the USAID Mission and other stakeholders.
Purpose of the position
In the position of Administrative Assistant you will provide all necessary administrative support. You will keep inventory of office supplies. You will also assist in organizing events, facilitate routine procurements and follow up monthly service fee payments.
As Administrative Assistant you will
- Act as the point of contact for visitors
- Receive calls, take and send messages and route correspondence
- Handle requests and queries appropriately
- Maintain the diary, arrange meetings and appointments, and provide reminders
- Make travel arrangements
- Take dictation and minutes and accurately enter data
- Monitor office supplies and research advantageous deals or suppliers
- Produce reports, presentations, and briefs
- Carry out an efficient documentation and filing system
- Assist during events including setting up, registration, payment of per diems and other tasks as needed.
- Perform other activities as assigned by the supervisor
Who are we looking for?
- BA degree or Diploma in Business Administration/Accounting or related field.
Knowledge and experience
- Minimum of 3 years relevant work experience in a similar position
- Knowledge of MS Office
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Ability to cope with stress and to organize and prioritize workload
- Ability to multitask.
What do we offer?
- A full-time (40 hours per week) fixed-term contract for a year, with the intention to extend the contract. Depending on funding and performance;
- An informal work atmosphere in an international environment where initiative is appreciated;
- A highly-motivated team of experienced, self-driven colleagues;
- The salary is dependent upon education and relevant working experience;
- KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation has its own Employment Conditions Scheme.
Application and Information
You can apply for this position by submitting your CV, including a motivation letter and 3 professional references, via the form below . before December 22, 2017. If you have any questions, feel free to contact our HRM Team in Ethiopia : + 251116673801 or mail to email@example.com.
Please note that we only consider the applications that are received through the KNCV website.