KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation is looking for a fulltime
Duty Station: Lilongwe, Malawi
KNCV is the lead partner in Challenge TB (CTB), the USAID-funded 5-year global program to decrease TB mortality and morbidity in high-burdened countries. We lead an international consortium with eight partner organizations: American Thoracic Society (ATS), FHI 360, Interactive Research & Development (IRD), Japan Anti-Tuberculosis Foundation (JATA), Management Sciences for Health (MSH), PATH, The International Union Against Tuberculosis and Lung Disease (The Union), and the World Health Organization (WHO).
The overarching strategic objectives of Challenge TB are to improve access to quality patient centred care for TB, TB/HIV, and MDR-TB services; to prevent transmission and disease progression; and to strengthen TB platforms.
Purpose of the position
The Administrative Assistant plans, directs, and oversees the project activities at KNCV Malawi Office, including procurement, administrative and office operations.
As an Administrative Assistant you will:
- Prepare letters as per the guidance from the Country Director or Finance Administration Officer
- Manage the reception desk
- Prepare, disseminate and document minutes of meetings
- Responsible for file management, dissemination of programmatic information and contributes to KNCVs knowledge management
- Responsible for office communication (e-mail, phone calls, documents, etc.) in English and local language
- Provide administrative and logistic support for the organization of events for all technical areas, including training, meetings, workshops, inaugural events, etc.
- Take care of office supplies, including making sure all required stationaries are present
- Take care of maintenance and servicing of office equipment
- Assist with the management of the Inventory register.
- Assist with printing, photocopying and scanning of relevant documents
- Implement other relevant duties as deemed necessary by the Country Director and Senior Finance & Administration Officer.
- In charge of making flight arrangements for all domestic air travels as per request, and approved by the Country Director
- Liaise with Raptim Travel in the Netherlands for international travel of staff and sponsored travelers as per request, and approved by the Country Director
- Facilitate obtaining of visa for visiting consultants as needed (writing of invitation letters, obtaining travel approval at immigration office, etc.)
- Coordinate and arrange hotel rooms, transport and catering for Challenge TB staff and guests during workshops, conferences, and trainings
Who we are looking for?
- Minimum of Advanced Diploma in Business Administration, Public Administration or Social services
- Experience working with USAID, and/or other donor funded projects will be an added advantage
- Minimum of five years relevant experience
- Strong command of written and spoken English
- Proficiency in relevant software (Word, Excel)
- Knowledge of accounting skills will be an added advantage.
Behavioral competencies and skills:
- Diplomacy, tact and sensitivity
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
What does KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation offer?
- A contract for 12 months with possible extension depending on performance and available funding
- An informal work atmosphere in an international environment where initiative is appreciated
- A highly-motivated team of experienced, self-driven colleagues
- The salary is dependent upon education and relevant working experience
- KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation has its own Employment Conditions Scheme.
Application and information
You can apply for the positions via the form below, closing date is the 8th of October 2017. For more information, please contact us via +265 994 869 999 or send an email to email@example.com
Please note that we only consider the applications that are received through the KNCV website. Applicants that are sent to recruit email account are not taken into consideration.