We are looking for an
16 hours per week
Duty station: The Hague, The Netherlands
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation is an international non-profit organization dedicated to the fight against tuberculosis (TB), the most deadly infectious disease in the world. KNCV is an international center of expertise for TB control that promotes effective, efficient, innovative and sustainable tuberculosis control strategies in a national and international context. We are an organization of passionate TB professionals, including doctors, researchers, training experts, nurses and epidemiologists. We aim to stop the worldwide epidemic of TB and to prevent the further spread of drug-resistant TB. Over the past century we have built a wealth of knowledge and expertise, initially by successfully
controlling TB in the Netherlands. Since the 1970s, we have also shared our knowledge and expertise with the rest of the world. We operate from a central office in The Hague, the Netherlands, a regional office in Central Asia and country offices worldwide. KNCV raises funds from private, institutional, corporate and government donors.
Purpose of the position
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation and AidsFonds are jointly implementing a TB and HIV advocacy project to open up policy space on global health, specifically for Dutch international engagement to end the TB and HIV epidemics by 2030. Within this overarching project, the position is focused on execution and hands-on coordination of the KNCV part of the joint advocacy agenda. The activities include setting an advocacy agenda, building and maintaining advocacy coalitions, preparing policy briefs, and contacting and maintaining dialogue with stakeholders in the Parliament and at relevant Ministries.
- Strong analytical skills
- Knowledge of political decision-making processes
- Diplomatic and accurate
- Networker and strong relationship management skills
- Excellent and demonstrable writing skills (short notes and more complex reports) in Dutch and English
- Energetic and pro-active
As Advocacy Officer you will
- Develop and execute TB and HIV advocacy project activities
- Write policy analyses, position statements aimed at politicians and decision makers
- Organize and facilitate round tables with decision makers and or stakeholders in TB and Global Health
- Coordinate coalitions and joint advocacy engagement and events
- Engage with journalists
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for a person with a university degree (Master’s level) relevant to the assignment and at least 3-5 years’ experience in development/health policy, politics and/or advocacy. Project management experience is requested as well as tangible insight in the area of global health, development, TB and/or HIV/AIDS control. Political network and/or experience as a parliamentary aide would be an asset.
What does the KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation offer?
- A 16 hours a week fixed-term contract up to March 2017, with the intention to extend the contract depending on funding and performance. Working schedule to be agreed, with a view to parliamentary working week
- An informal work atmosphere in an international environment where initiative is appreciated
- A highly-motivated team of experienced, self-driven colleagues
- The salary is dependent upon education and relevant working experience
- KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation has its own Employment Conditions Scheme
Application and information
You can apply for this position via the form below before 5th September 2016. If you have any questions, feel free to contact our HRM Team in The Netherlands: +31(0)70-4167228 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
For further information on KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation, please also see www.kncvtbc.org.
KNCV TB Foundation is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental handicap, or status as a disabled.