KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation is looking for a fulltime
Assistant PMDT Coordinator
Duty Station: Dar es Salaam Tanzania
KNCV is the lead partner in Challenge TB (CTB), the USAID-funded 5-year global program to decrease TB mortality and morbidity in high-burdened countries. We lead an international consortium with eight partner organizations: American Thoracic Society (ATS), FHI 360, Interactive Research & Development (IRD), Japan Anti-Tuberculosis Foundation (JATA), Management Sciences for Health (MSH), PATH, The International Union Against Tuberculosis and Lung Disease (The Union), and the World Health Organization (WHO).
The overarching strategic objectives of Challenge TB are to improve access to quality patient centred care for TB, TB/HIV, and MDR-TB services; to prevent transmission and disease progression; and to strengthen TB platforms. KNCV is the lead partner and sole implementer of the Challenge TB project in Tanzania
Purpose of the position
Assistant Programmatic Management of Drug-resistant TB (PMDT) coordinator will coordinate, support and facilitate the rapid scale-up of quality- assured PMDT services in close collaboration with the NTLP and other technical partners. In addition she/he will assist NTLP in implementation of quality decentralization of PMDT services and introduction, monitoring the implementation of TB new drugs and shorter regimens.
Duties and responsibilities
- Assist to coordinate Programmatic Management of Drug resistant TB activities at NTLP and participate in the development of policies, guidelines and M&E tools on programmatic management of MDR TB in the country
- Support the introduction and monitoring of implementation of New Drugs and short regimens in the country
- Participate and co-coordinate weekly MDR TB technical review panels through DR TB ECHO program and quarterly zonal cohort review meetings to assess clinical progression of MDR TB patients and work on identified challenges
- Supervise and mentor decentralized MDR TB sites and sites implementing the short MDR TB regimen
- Conduct a monthly follow up of all MDR/RR-TB cases detected against enrolment in the country, track all patients not initiated on SL treatment
- Participate in quarterly quantification of second line ant TB drugs with the National TB program pharmacists
- In collaboration with CTRL, support the scale up of new diagnostic technologies including Xpert MTB/RIF and second line LPAs
- In collaboration with CTRL, assist in tracking sputum sample referral for TB culture, DST and second line LPA (Hain) and monitor TAT for each test
- In collaboration with the MDR TB coordinator and Programme pharmacist, monitor implementation of Active TB drug-safety monitoring and management (aDSM) in the country
Who are we looking for?
- MD, or relevant degree (Masters of Public Health will be an added advantage)
- A minimum of 3 years in TB control and PMDT
- Experience in capacity building in TB and PMDT
- More than 3 years of relevant work experience in the development, implementation and scaling-up of PMDT
- Cutting-edge knowledge of ongoing and emerging issues in relation to global policy and evidence development on PMDT.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and Kiswahili
- Good computer skills, including familiarity with Microsoft Office programs.
- Excellent organizational, planning, negotiating and problem-solving skills.
Behavioral competencies and skills
- Sound analytical skills;
- Good interpersonal communication;
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and concisely in written and spoken English;
- Ability to work as part of a team and independently;
- Ability to cope with stress and to organize and prioritize workload;
- Ability to work in an international team.
What does KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation offer?
- A full time (40 hours) fixed-term contract for a year, with the intention to extend the contract dependent on performance and availability of funding;
- An informal work atmosphere in an international environment where initiative is appreciated;
- A highly-motivated team of experienced, self-driven colleagues;
- The salary is dependent upon education and relevant working experience;
- KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation has its own Employment Conditions Scheme.
Application and information
You can apply for this position by submitting your CV, including a motivation letter and 3 professional references via the form below before 9th November 2017. If you have any questions, feel free to contact our team in Tanzania +255 22 2664859 or mail to email@example.com