KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation is looking for a fulltime
Assistant Technical Advisor PMDT
Duty Station: Nasarawa, Nigeria
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation is an international non-profit organization dedicated to the fight against tuberculosis (TB), the deadliest infectious disease in the world. KNCV is an international center of excellence for TB control that promotes effective, efficient, innovative and sustainable tuberculosis control strategies in a national and international context. Our multidisciplinary team of passionate professionals covers a broad range of expertise such as programmatic TB control, research, clinical management, social science, education, digital health, and project management.
Over the past century KNCV has made a significant contribution to the successful fight against TB in the Netherlands. Since the 1970s, we have shared our knowledge and expertise with the rest of the world. We operate from a central office in The Hague, the Netherlands, a regional office in Central Asia and country offices in Africa and (central) Asia. KNCV raises funds from private, institutional, corporate and government donors.
KNCV is the lead partner in Challenge TB, a USAID-funded 5-year global program to decrease TB mortality and morbidity in high burdened countries. We lead an international consortium with eight partner organizations: American Thoracic Society (ATS), FHI 360, Interactive Research & Development (IRD), Japan Anti-Tuberculosis Foundation (JATA), and Management Sciences for Health (MSH), PATH, The International Union Against Tuberculosis and Lung Disease (The Union), and the World Health.
The overarching strategic objectives of Challenge TB are to improve access to quality patient centered care for TB, TB/HIV, and MDR-TB services; to prevent transmission and disease progression; and to strengthen TB platforms.
Purpose of the position
The Assistant Technical Advisor PMDT works closely with the Technical Advisor PMDT to coordinate the Programmatic Management of Drug Resistant TB activities in the region (Nasarawa, Niger and Benue state).
As Assistant Technical Advisor PMDT you will:
- Monitor initiation of enrollment for ambulatory DR-TB treatment in collaboration with KNCV Program officers, state Quality Assurance officers (QAOs) and state DR-TB focal persons
- Ensure proper work up of DR-TB patients before enrollment on treatment (baseline investigations, patient consent form, complete and correct documentation of all R&R tools
- Monitor patients for adverse drug reactions through quality baseline and regular follow up on clinic and laboratory evaluations
- Ensure counselling on drug adherence through direct observation of treatment (DOT); family education, social support
- Agree on Treatment supporter to ensure DOT
- Strengthen DR-TB prevention and infection control and contact investigations in the community
- Ensure up to date documentation of patients’ treatment records; hand cards (including national recording and reporting tools) on ambulatory DR-TB treatment
- Participate in PMDT joint supportive supervisory visits to ensure quality of care/funds disbursement from enrolment to treatment completion.
Who are we looking for?
- A Diploma in Nursing or Bachelor degree in Nursing will be an add advantage.
- A community health officer (CHO) with more than 5 years working experience.
- At least 3 years’ work experience with: HIV and TB/DR-TB program at various levels; USAID projects and/or any development partner.
- Experience in DR-TB patient initiation and monitoring of treatment.
- Experience with community interventions.
Behavioral competencies and skills:
- Excellent written and verbal English language skills
- Self-starter, team player, dynamic, solid, open, flexible, absolute integrity, organizational awareness, understanding of cultural differences.
What do we offer?
- A full-time (40 hours per week) fixed-term contract for a year, with the intention to extend the contract. Depending on funding and performance;
- An informal work atmosphere in an international environment where initiative is appreciated;
- A highly-motivated team of experienced, self-driven colleagues;
- The salary is dependent upon education and relevant working experience;
- KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation has its own Employment Conditions Scheme.
Application and Information
You can apply for this position by submitting your CV, including a motivation letter and 3 professional references, via the form below before 10th October 2017. If you have any questions, feel free to contact our HRM Team in The Netherlands: +31(0)70-41672222 in Nigeria: +234 (0)9030349255 or mail to email@example.com.
Please note that we only consider the applications that are received through the KNCV website.