KNCV Kyrgyzstan is looking for a
Case Management Consultant for Challenge TB Project
Full time position
Duty station Osh, Jalal Abad, Batken, Naryn, Talas, Isik Kul regions
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation is an international non-profit organization dedicated to the fight against tuberculosis (TB), the deadliest infectious disease in the world. KNCV is an international center of expertise for TB control that promotes effective, efficient, innovative and sustainable tuberculosis control strategies in a national and international context. We are an organization of passionate TB professionals, including doctors, researchers, training experts, nurses and epidemiologists. We aim to stop the worldwide epidemic of TB and to prevent the further spread of drug-resistant TB.
Over the past century we have built a wealth of knowledge and expertise, initially by successfully controlling TB in the Netherlands. Since the 1970s, we have also shared our knowledge and expertise with the rest of the world. We operate from a central office in The Hague, the Netherlands, a regional office in Central Asia and country offices worldwide. KNCV raises funds from private, institutional, corporate and government donors.
KNCV is the lead partner in Challenge TB (CTB), the USAID-funded 5-year global program to decrease TB mortality and morbidity in high burdened countries. We lead an international consortium with eight partner organizations: American Thoracic Society (ATS), FHI 360, Interactive Research & Development (IRD), Japan Anti-Tuberculosis Foundation (JATA), and Management Sciences for Health (MSH), PATH, The International Union Against Tuberculosis and Lung Disease (The Union), and the World Health Organization (WHO).
The overarching strategic objectives of CTB are to improve access to quality patient centered care for TB, TB/HIV, and drug-resistant TB services; to prevent transmission and disease progression; and to strengthen TB platforms.
The CTB project in Kyrgyz Republic assists with the implementation of shorter regimens and regimens containing new drugs for the treatment of multidrug (MDR) and extensively drug-resistant (XDR) forms of TB. CTB aims to reduce the MDR-TB burden in Kyrgyz Republic by improving health systems and clinicians’ skills in diagnosis and case management. CTB has assisted the Kyrgyz Republic National TB Program in the development of a national plan for the introduction of new TB drugs such as Bedaquiline and Delamanid and the shorter (9-12 month) treatment regimen for MDR-TB.
The CTB Case Management Consultant is a staff member of the KNCV Branch office in Kyrgyzstan and reports to the Country Director (CD).
Purpose of the position
The CTB Case Management Consultant has the primary responsibility of assisting and supporting multi-drug resistant TB (MDR-TB) patient care by assessing treatment needs; developing, monitoring, and evaluating treatment plans and progress; facilitating interdisciplinary approaches.
As Case Management Consultant, you will:
- Conduct a comprehensive assessment of the patient’s adherence to treatment using questionnaires, interviews, and home visits.
- Assess infection control (IC) measures for the directly observed treatment (DOT) at the outpatient stage and organize the necessary measures to improve IC measures if necessary.
- Organize and conduct training of patients, their family members, treatment supporters, as well as members of support groups for patients with TB, on IC, TB prevention, and treatment, according to approved regulations.
- Carry out all necessary measures for social support of patients in need through cooperation with state, public, non-governmental organizations, religious, and other partner organizations.
- Identify the reasons for the refusal of treatment, provide individual counseling for patients and their relatives
- Coordinate treatment programs by establishing schedules and procedures for the directly observed treatment, where necessary, take part in drawing up plans and schedules of treating a patient, organizational activities, including transportation and escort.
- Monitor routine examination and treatment by checking the presence of the patient; monitoring and evaluation of treatments and examinations, crisis intervention; providing personal support to improve treatment outcomes.
- Maintain a database of patients for psychosocial support and the degree of patient adherence to treatment, with constant updating, logging events and progress.
- Report on the progress in the treatment of patients through weekly multidisciplinary meetings and assessments; dissemination of results and challenges to therapeutic groups and families, to determine the effect of treatment.
- Enhance the competence of the DOT unit personnel by providing educational resources; taking into account the requirements of working conditions with learning opportunities; assessment of learning outcomes to improve treatment success.
- Prepare reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing the results of treatment, to collect statistics.
- Implement search for lost to follow-up patients and visiting the patients, formally refusing to be treated.
- Comply with labor discipline and to keep private the confidential information that has become known in the course of duties.
Who are we looking for?
- Higher or secondary education in medicine or in social and related fields
Knowledge & Experience
- At least 3 years of experience in psychosocial support with excellent Documentation Skills, Analyzing Information, Decision Making, Research Skills, Verbal Communication, Written Communication, People Skills, Resolving Conflict, People Management, Integrity, Connecting with Children;
- Leadership and decision making
- Networking, diplomacy and coordination
- Excellent oral and written Kyrgyz, Russian and another language are an advantage (e.g. English)
- The ability to work in a team and to be proactive
- The ability to develop and maintain efficient working relationships among project staff, subcontractors, consultants and recipients of assistance
- The ability to perform tasks independently within a set policy framework of responsibilities and assignments
- The ability to travel on business trips around the country.
What does KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation offer?
- Full time service contract until September 30th, 2018
- An informal work atmosphere in an international environment where initiative is appreciated
- A highly-motivated team of experienced, self-driven colleagues
- The salary is dependent upon education and relevant working experience
Application and information
You can apply for this position by submitting your CV and a motivation letter in Russian to email@example.com before 15 October 2017. If you have any questions, feel free to contact KNCV office in Kyrgyzstan +996 312 398204.
KNCV TB Foundation is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental handicap, or status as a disabled.