KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation is looking for a
Case management Officer (fulltime)
Duty station: Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation is an international non-profit organization dedicated to the fight against tuberculosis (TB), the most deadly infectious disease in the world. KNCV is an international center of expertise for TB control that promotes effective, efficient, innovative and sustainable tuberculosis control strategies in a national and international context. We are an organization of passionate TB professionals, including doctors, researchers, training experts, nurses and epidemiologists. We aim to stop the worldwide epidemic of TB and to prevent the further spread of drug-resistant TB. Over the past century we have built a wealth of knowledge and expertise, initially by successfully
controlling TB in the Netherlands. Since the 1970s, we have also shared our knowledge and expertise with the rest of the world. We operate from a central office in The Hague, the Netherlands, regional offices in Central Asia and East Africa and country offices worldwide. KNCV raises funds from private, institutional, corporate and government donors.
KNCV is the lead partner in Challenge TB (CTB), the new USAID-funded 5-year global program to decrease TB mortality and morbidity in high burdened countries. We lead an international consortium with eight partner organizations: American Thoracic Society (ATS), Family Health International (FHI 360), Interactive Research & Development (IRD), Japanese Anti Tuberculosis Foundation (JATA), Management Sciences for Health (MSH), Program for Appropriate Technology in Health (PATH), The International Union Against Tuberculosis and Lung Disease (The Union), and the World Health Organization.
The overarching strategic objectives of Challenge TB are to improve access to quality patient centered care for TB, TB/HIV, and MDR-TB services; to prevent transmission and disease progression; and to strengthen TB platforms.
Purpose of the position
The CTB Case management (CM) Officer shall have primary responsibility to accomplishes M/XDR TB patients care by assessing treatment needs; developing, monitoring, and evaluating treatment plans and progress; facilitating interdisciplinary approaches; monitoring staff performance
The CTB CM Officer a key staff member of the KNCV Brunch office in Kyrgyzstan and is answerable to the Country Director. The CTB CM Officer leads the Challenge TB project field based case managers and treatment supporter’s team.
As case Management Officer you will:
- Admit new patients by reviewing records and applications; conducting orientations.
- Determine patient’s requirements by completing intake interviews; determining need for therapeutic medical, psycho-social, and psychiatric evaluations; reviewing therapist evaluations, treatment objectives, and plans.
- Establish treatment programs by setting schedules and routines; coordinating services being provided; arranging resources, including transportation and escort.
- Monitor cases by verifying patient’s attendance; observing and evaluating treatments and responses; advocating for needed services and entitlements; obtaining additional resources; intervening in crises; providing personal support.
- Maintain patient’s records by reviewing case notes; logging events and progress.
- Communicate patients progress by conducting weekly interdisciplinary meetings and evaluations; disseminating results and obstacles to therapeutic team and family; identifying treatment influences.
- Prepare patients discharge by reviewing and amplifying discharge plans; coordinating discharge and post-discharge requirements; orienting and training family members; providing resources.
- Improve staff competence by providing educational resources; balancing work requirements with learning opportunities; evaluating the application of learning to changes in treatment results.
- Improve treatment results by studying, evaluating, and re-designing processes; implementing changes; rewriting policies and procedures.
- Improve financial status by analyzing results; monitoring variances; identifying trends; recommending actions to management.
- Meet budget by monitoring expenses; implementing cost-saving actions.
- Prepare reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing treatment and results data and trends; compiling statistics; completing grant and subsidy applications.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Enhance department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Who are we looking for?
- At least a Masters’ degree in health program evaluation or a related field from an accredited college or university;
- At least 3 years of experience on Case management with excellent Documentation Skills, Analyzing Information, Decision Making, Research Skills, Verbal Communication, Written Communication, People Skills, Resolving Conflict, People Management, Integrity, Connecting with Children;
- Leadership and decision making;
- Networking, diplomacy and coordination;
- Excellent oral and written Russian skills, other language skills are an advantage (e.g. English);
- Ability to work-proactively and work well in a team;
- Ability to develop and maintain efficient working relationships among project staff, subcontractors, consultants and recipients of assistance;
- Ability to perform tasks independently within a set policy framework of responsibilities and assignments;
- Ability to travel frequently abroad for a number of weeks or a number of days.
What does KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation offer?
- A 40 hours a week fixed-term contract for a year, with the intention to extend the contract;
- An informal work atmosphere in an international environment where initiative is appreciated;
- A highly-motivated team of experienced, self-driven colleagues;
- The salary is dependent upon education and relevant working experience;
- KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation has its own Employment Conditions Scheme.
Application and information
You can apply for this position via the form below before 9 September 2016. If you have any questions, feel free to contact our HRM Team in The Netherlands: +31(0)70-4167222 or email@example.com.
KNCV TB Foundation is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental handicap, or status as a disabled.