KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation is an international non-profit organization dedicated to the fight against tuberculosis (TB), the most deadly infectious disease in the world.
KNCV is an international center of expertise for TB control that promotes effective, efficient, innovative and sustainable tuberculosis control strategies in a national and international context. We are an organization of passionate TB professionals, including doctors, researchers, training experts, nurses and epidemiologists. We aim to stop the spread of the worldwide epidemic of TB and to prevent the further spread of drug-resistant TB.
Over the past century we have built up a wealth of knowledge and expertise, initially by successfully controlling TB in the Netherlands. Since the 1970s, we have also shared our knowledge and expertise with the rest of the world. We operate from a central office in The Hague in the Netherlands, a regional office in Central Asia and country offices worldwide. KNCV raises funds from private, institutional, corporate, and government donors.
KNCV is the lead partner in Challenge TB, the new USAID-funded 5-year global program to decrease TB mortality and morbidity in high burdened countries. We lead an international consortium with eight partner organizations: American Thoracic Society (ATS), Family Health International (FHI 360), Interactive Research & Development (IRD), Japanese Anti Tuberculosis Foundation (JATA), and Management Sciences for Health (MSH), Program for Appropriate Technology in Health (PATH), The International Union Against Tuberculosis and Lung Disease (The Union), and the World Health Organization.
The overarching strategic objectives of Challenge TB are to improve access to quality patient centered care for TB, TB/HIV, and MDR-TB services; to prevent transmission and disease progression; and to strengthen TB platforms.
Position in the organization
The Monitoring & Evaluation Officer reports to Senior M&E Officer.
As a Monitoring & Evaluation Officer you will:
- Provide field technical support on monitoring and evaluation and knowledge management;
- Collect, report and analyze information on the Challenge TB country project activities;
- Assist the M&E Officer and Technical team in clarifying project information needs;
- Ensure timely and complete reporting from field implemented activities in accordance with approved reporting formats;
- Identify strengths and weaknesses in existing data collection and management system and propose solutions along with the M&E Officer;
- Assist KNCV Tanzania M&E Officer in the preparation of work plans/selection of indicators and annual implementation plans with a view towards Challenge TB’s M&E requirements;
- Support data compilation and preparation of all quarterly progress reports, annual project report, and ad-hoc technical reports for both USAID funding as well as PEPFAR, in line with the required formats;
- Collect data for Challenge TB’s annual M&E plan and use those data to improve project performance;
- Follow Adapt and implement tools and techniques to improve the quality and use of data for decision making;
- Perform regular field visits to ensure the quality of data collected by project and to verify the accuracy of reported data;
- Support the compilation of CTB information on lessons learned and success stories;
- Support the M&E Officer to ensure that donor, partners and senior management data queries are addressed in accurate and timely manner;
- Assist KNCV Tanzania Representative on decision-making on resource allocation based on Challenge TB priorities and performance.
Who are we looking for?
- At least Bachelor’s Degree in Project Management, Administration, Information Management or other relevant academic background (essential), Master’s degree will be an added advantage.
Knowledge and Experience
- At least 3 years of Monitoring and Evaluation experience;
- Experience in a non-governmental or USAID funded projects (essential).
- Capacity to produce high quality briefs and detailed performance reports;
- Good level of proficiency in window excel and quantitative analysis;
- Ability to design M&E tools, surveys, surveillance system and evaluations;
- Demonstrated ability to train and build capacity of others;
- Strong interpersonal skills;
- Bilingual in English and Kiswahili (essential).
Application and information
You can apply for this position via the form below www.kncvtbc.org/tz1607 before the 10th of February 2016. If you have any questions, feel free to contact us via +255 22 2664859 or firstname.lastname@example.org with “tz1607” in the subject.
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental handicap, or status as a disabled person.