KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation is an international non-profit organization dedicated to the fight against tuberculosis (TB), the most deadly infectious disease in the world. KNCV is an international center of expertise for TB control that promotes effective, efficient, innovative and sustainable tuberculosis control strategies in a national and international context. We are an organization of passionate TB professionals, including doctors, researchers, training experts, nurses and epidemiologists. We aim to stop the worldwide epidemic of TB and to prevent the further spread of drug-resistant TB.
Over the past century we have built a wealth of knowledge and expertise, initially by successfully controlling TB in the Netherlands. Since the 1970s, we have also shared our knowledge and expertise with the rest of the world. We operate from a central office in The Hague, the Netherlands, a regional office in Central Asia and country offices worldwide. KNCV raises funds from private, institutional, corporate and government donors.
KNCV is the overall lead partner in Challenge TB (CTB), the new USAID-funded 5-year global program to decrease TB mortality and morbidity in high burdened countries. We lead an international consortium with eight partner organizations: American Thoracic Society (ATS), Family Health International (FHI 360), Interactive Research & Development (IRD), Japanese Anti Tuberculosis Foundation (JATA), Management Sciences for Health (MSH), Program for Appropriate Technology in Health (PATH), The International Union Against Tuberculosis and Lung Disease (The Union), and the World Health Organization.
The overarching strategic objectives of CTB are to support countries in improving access to quality patient centred care for TB, TB/HIV, and MDR-TB services; preventing transmission and disease progression; and strengthening TB platforms.
Individual (country) projects are led by one of the coalition partners. For the CTB project in Bangladesh, the project lead is MSH with significant technical input from KNCV.
Purpose of the position
The purpose of the position is to lead, plan, oversee and follow up of all technical areas under CTB in the country. Identify and document technically sound, cost-effective, and practical approaches to programming consistent with GOB policies and priorities. Solicit and utilize necessary short-term technical advisers, both local and international as needed. She/he will act as the technical coordinator and day-to-day supervisor of all in-country technical officers and sub-contractors, as well as international short-term technical assistance executed by CTB partners. She/he will have an important role to play in technical discussions with the local USAID technical advisor in support of the Country Director.
The CTB/Bangladesh Senior Technical Advisor functionally reports to the MSH CTB Bangladesh Project Director and hierarchically to KNCV’s headquarters in The Hague. The person works in close collaboration with KNCV technical focal point for Bangladesh for technical aspects and for day-to-day work with the CTB Bangladesh Project Director. She/he represents KNCV in the country.
Who are we looking for?
- Medical Doctor with Masters’ degree (epidemiology, public health).
- In-depth knowledge of TB control and prevention with at least 10 years of international experience in complex settings
- Knowledge of ongoing and emerging issues in relation to TB epidemiology, global and international policy development, evidence generation, and control strategies
- Experience in mentoring and capacity building
- Experience in the development of policies, strategies, research projects and publications
- Experience working in a multi-cultural team and in complex work environments
- Experience in capacity development and experience working in a co-located environment at country-supported ministries alongside government counterparts desired.
- Able to maintain good working relationships with government authorities and officials from donors, host government, and other participating institutions
- Preferably experience with USAID funded projects
- Experience working with Global Fund is an asset
- Experience working in Bangladesh is an asset
Behavioral competencies and skills:
- A strong technical team leader who is results-oriented and can motivate staff
- A strategic thinker
- Able to prioritize and delegate tasks
- Demonstrated flexibility and adaptability to various work environments
- Good political and communication skills
- Excellent verbal and written skills in English
- Demonstrated intermediate computer skills in Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
Application and information
You can apply for this position via the form below before 30th June 2016. If you have any questions, feel free to contact our HRM Team in The Netherlands: +31(0)70-4167222 or email@example.com.
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental handicap, or status as a disabled person.