KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation is looking for a
Chief of Party (COP)
Duty station: Manila, Philippines
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation is an international non-profit organization dedicated to the fight against tuberculosis (TB), the deadliest infectious disease in the world. KNCV is an international center of excellence for TB control that promotes effective, efficient, innovative and sustainable tuberculosis control strategies in a national and international context. Our multidisciplinary team of passionate professionals covers a broad range of expertise such as programmatic TB control, research, clinical management, social science, education, digital health, and project management.
Over the past century KNCV has made a significant contribution to the successful fight against TB in the Netherlands. Since the 1970s, we have shared our knowledge and expertise with the rest of the world. We operate from a central office in The Hague, the Netherlands, a regional office in Central Asia and country offices in Africa and (central) Asia. KNCV raises funds from private, institutional, corporate and government donors.
Introduction to the position
KNCV is planning to recruit a Chief of Party for a potential five-year USAID/Philippines Tuberculosis Innovations and Health Systems Strengthening Project. The project intends to dramatically reduce cases of multidrug-resistant (MDR) TB through the introduction of state of the art technologies and approaches to scale up MDR diagnosis, prevention and treatment complement and expand TB activities. It will increase MDR-TB detection rates, increase MDR-TB treatment success rates and cure rates. The objective of the project is to implement game changing innovative TB detection, prevention, and treatment efforts nation-wide. The project will be implemented in close collaboration with the Department of Health, NTP and other stakeholders, and in alignment with the “Patient-Centered TB-Care” activity.
This position is subject to project award and funding.
Responsibilities of the job
The Chief of Party will be responsible for leading a high-quality, results-oriented activity to achieve the objectives and sub-objectives outlined in this RFA. S/he will provide overall strategic and managerial leadership of the project in collaboration with all major stakeholders. S/he will bring a strong perspective on health systems strengthening to the activity, particularly significant expertise in health finance, governance and human resource management. S/he will work closely with the Drug Resistant TB (DR-TB) Technical Advisor who will be seconded to the Patient-Centered TB Care activity to provide strategic technical guidance to the activity. This position should be filled by an expatriate who can bring his or her international experience and insights to the activity.
Qualifications and Experience
- Advanced degree (Medical Degree, Masters, or PhD) in health, social sciences, or a relevant field
- At least 15 years working on health sector and health systems strengthening projects, as well as demonstrated leadership and management skills to effectively and efficiently implement complex and politically sensitive international health projects
- At least five (5) years of experience working on infectious disease, particularly TB programs
Demonstrated experience in collaborating and implementing programs with the private and non-public sectors
- Demonstrated ability to lead and manage diverse teams and ensure high performance and staff retainment
- Ability to develop and manage relationships with a wide range of stakeholders, including government officials
- Experience and skills in financial management and performance monitoring
- Knowledge of and experience working with USAID or other international donor projects
- Strong organizational and management skills
- Exceptional communication skills, particularly in English, both verbally and in writing
Application and information
You can apply for this position by submitting your CV, including a motivation letter and 3 professional references, via the form below before 21 August 2017. If you have any questions, feel free to contact our HRM Team in The Netherlands: +31(0)70-41672222 or mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This position is open to both national as well as international applicants.
Please note that we only consider the applications that are received through the KNCV website.
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental handicap, or status as a disabled person.