KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation is looking for a
Chief of Party (COP)
Duty station: Manila, Philippines
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation is an international non-profit organization dedicated to the fight against tuberculosis (TB), still the deadliest infectious disease in the world.
KNCV is an international center of expertise for TB control that promotes effective, efficient, innovative and sustainable tuberculosis control strategies in a national and international context. We are an organization of passionate TB professionals, including doctors, researchers, training experts, nurses and epidemiologists and laboratory scientists. We aim to stop the spread of the worldwide epidemic of TB and to prevent the further spread of drug-resistant TB.
Over the past century we have built up a wealth of knowledge and expertise, initially by successfully controlling TB in the Netherlands. Since the 1970s, we have also shared our knowledge and expertise with the rest of the world. We operate from a central office in The Hague in the Netherlands, a regional office in Central Asia and country offices worldwide. KNCV raises funds from private, institutional, corporate, and government donors.
Introduction to the position
KNCV is planning to recruit a Chief of Party for a potential five-year USAID/Philippines Tuberculosis Innovations and Health Systems Strengthening Project. The project intends to dramatically reduce cases of multidrug-resistant (MDR) TB through the introduction of state of the art technologies and approaches to scale up MDR diagnosis, prevention and treatment complement and expand TB activities. It will increase MDR-TB detection rates, increase MDR-TB treatment success rates and cure rates. The objective of the project is to implement game changing innovative TB detection, prevention, and treatment efforts nation-wide. The project will be implemented in close collaboration with the Department of Health, NTP and other stakeholders, and in alignment with the “Patient-Centered TB-Care” activity.
This position is subject to project award and funding.
Responsibilities of the job
The Chief of Party (COP) leads and manages the project and is accountable for project deliverables and results, with full accountability and authority for the development, execution, and monitoring of the project, including vision and technical strategy; overall project management; documentation and communication; external relationship management; and coordination and synergy with other projects.
- Provide technical and a managerial leadership including capacity building to the project and the NTP staff, focusing on scale up of prevention, detection and treatment of drug-sensitive and drug resistant TB.
- Oversee the development and implementation of program work plans and strategies aligned with NTP and government of Philippines priorities.
- Collaborate with counterparts, partner organizations and other USAID projects in work planning and project implementation.
- Ensure that the program achieves intended impact.
Qualifications and Experience
- A Master’s Degree or higher in public health, social sciences or related field. Additional MD degree is preferred.
- At least twelve (12) years of experience in implementing public health programs with a focus on TB and MDR-TB, Experience working in public health in the fields of TB, MDR-TB, and HIV/AIDS.
- Minimum five (five) years of experience working in infectious disease programs outside of the Philippines.
- Demonstrated leadership skills in working and collaborating with donors, public institutions, and international organizations. Experience with USAID project management, policies, regulations and administrative procedures is considered a strong advantage.
- Excellent negotiation skills and a drive for achieving results.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and one other relevant language.
Application and information
You can apply for this position by submitting your CV, including a motivation letter and 3 professional references, via the form below before 7 August 2017. If you have any questions, feel free to contact our HRM Team in The Netherlands: +31(0)70-41672222 or mail to email@example.com.
This position is open to both national as well as international applicants.
Please note that we only consider the applications that are received through the KNCV website.
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental handicap, or status as a disabled person.