Chief of Party TB Private Sector
Duty station Jakarta Indonesia
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation is an international non-profit organization dedicated to the fight against tuberculosis (TB), still the deadliest infectious disease in the world.
KNCV is an international center of expertise for TB control that promotes effective, efficient, innovative and sustainable tuberculosis control strategies in a national and international context. We are an organization of passionate TB professionals, including doctors, researchers, training experts, nurses and epidemiologists and laboratory scientists. We aim to stop the spread of the worldwide epidemic of TB and to prevent the further spread of drug-resistant TB.
Over the past century we have built up a wealth of knowledge and expertise, initially by successfully controlling TB in the Netherlands. Since the 1970s, we have also shared our knowledge and expertise with the rest of the world. We operate from a central office in The Hague in the Netherlands, a regional office in Central Asia and country offices worldwide. KNCV raises funds from private, institutional, corporate, and government donors.
Purpose of the position
KNCV is planning to recruit a Chief of Party for a potential five-year USAID/Indonesia TB Private Sector Activity. The project intends to improve TB case detection, treatment and cure across Indonesia and reducing the TB burden of disease in Indonesia through partnering with private providers.
This position is subject to project award and funding.
As Chief of Party you will:
- Lead a high-quality, results-oriented activity to achieve the objectives and sub-objectives outlined in this RFP.
- Be responsible for overall management, quality and timeliness of deliverables, programmatic impact, external representation, and coordination with the USAID Contracting Officer Representative (COR)
- Oversee implementation to ensure quality of work and compliance with contractual obligations and results
- Bring a strong perspective on private sector and health systems strengthening to the activity, particularly significant expertise in health financing.
Who are we looking for?
- Advanced degree (Medical Degree, Masters, or PhD) in health, social sciences, or a relevant field
Knowledge and experience:
- Extensive experience working on health sector and health systems strengthening projects
- Demonstrated strategic planning and management skills to effectively and efficiently implement complex and politically sensitive international health projects
- Demonstrated experience in collaborating and implementing programs with the private and non-public sectors
- Demonstrated ability to lead and manage diverse teams
- Ability to develop and manage relationships with a wide range of stakeholders, including government officials and private health care providers (e.g. senior high-level country counterparts, donor representatives, and senior-level staff
- Experience and skills in financial management and performance monitoring
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills, fluency in the English language (both verbally and in writing)
- Must have significant experience working in middle income (lower and/or upper middle income) countries managing partnerships with government and the private sector
- Knowledge of and experience working with USAID or other international donor projects
- Relevant experience working on infectious disease, particularly TB programs
Application Procedure and Information
You can apply for this position by submitting your CV, including a motivation letter and 3 professional references, via the form below before 23 March 2018. If you have any questions, feel free to contact our HRM Team in The Netherlands: +31(0)70-4270958 or mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that we only consider the applications that are received through the KNCV website.