KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation is looking for a
Duty station: Blantyre, Malawi
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation is an international non-profit organization dedicated to the fight against tuberculosis (TB), still the second most deadly infectious disease in the world.
KNCV is an international center of expertise for TB control that promotes effective, efficient, innovative and sustainable tuberculosis control strategies in a national and international context. We are an organization of passionate TB professionals, including doctors, researchers, training experts, nurses and epidemiologists. We aim to stop the spread of the worldwide epidemic of TB and to prevent the further spread of drug-resistant TB.
Over the past century we have built up a wealth of knowledge and expertise, initially by successfully controlling TB in the Netherlands. Since the 1970s, we have also shared our knowledge and expertise with the rest of the world. We operate from a central office in The Hague in the Netherlands, a regional office in Central Asia and country offices worldwide. KNCV raises funds from private, institutional, corporate, and government donors.
KNCV is the lead partner in Challenge TB (CTB), the new USAID-funded 5-year global program to decrease TB mortality and morbidity in high burdened countries. We lead an international consortium with eight partner organizations: American Thoracic Society (ATS), Family Health International (FHI 360), Interactive Research & Development (IRD), Japanese Anti Tuberculosis Foundation (JATA), Management Sciences for Health (MSH), Program for Appropriate Technology in Health (PATH), The International Union Against Tuberculosis and Lung Disease (The Union), and the World Health Organization. The overarching strategic objectives of Challenge TB are to improve access to quality patient centered care for TB, TB/HIV, and MDR-TB services; to prevent transmission and disease progression; and to strengthen TB platforms.
Purpose of the job (general)
The Community Mobiliser is responsible for the community information and mobilization aspects of the Active Case Finding team.
Position in the organization
The Community Mobiliser reports to the ACF Coordinator.
In the position of Community Mobiliser you will:
- Mobilize the public, targeted for ACF in urban and its peripheral settings;
- Carryout health education activities among the targeted population;
- Identify existing TB patients and their contacts and conduct symptomatic screening;
- Undertake symptomatic TB screening for targeted population; mobilize the suspects and facilitate for sputum examination and X-ray;
- Assist in compilation of monthly team reports.
Who are we looking for?
- Diploma or Degree in Public health / Health education/ community development/ communication or Social Work (Certification from recognized college/ institution).
- Minimum of two years’ work experience in health care service, particularly in health education, and/or community mobilization;
- Understanding and familiarity of public health issues;
- Specific TB and HIV knowledge is desirable.
Behavioral competencies and skills:
- Excellent oral communication skills
For this position you will travel up to 50% of the time within the regions.
Duration of the contract
11 months with possible extension, depending on funding and performance.
Application and information
You can apply for this position using the application form below before the 11 November 2016. If you have any questions, feel free to contact our HRM Team in The Netherlands: +31(0)70-4167228 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental handicap, or status as a disabled person.