KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation is looking for a
Consultant of Case Management
Duty station: Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation is an international non-profit organization dedicated to the fight against tuberculosis (TB), the deadliest infectious disease in the world. KNCV is an international center of expertise for TB control that promotes effective, efficient, innovative and sustainable tuberculosis control strategies in a national and international context. We are an organization of passionate TB professionals, including doctors, researchers, training experts, nurses and epidemiologists. We aim to stop the worldwide epidemic of TB and to prevent the further spread of drug-resistant TB.
Over the past century we have built a wealth of knowledge and expertise, initially by successfully controlling TB in the Netherlands. Since the 1970s, we have also shared our knowledge and expertise with the rest of the world. We operate from a central office in The Hague, the Netherlands, a regional office in Central Asia and country offices worldwide. KNCV raises funds from private, institutional, corporate and government donors.
KNCV is the lead partner in Challenge TB, the USAID-funded 5-year global program to decrease TB mortality and morbidity in high burdened countries. We lead an international consortium with eight partner organizations. The overarching strategic objectives of Challenge TB are to improve access to quality patient centered care for TB, TB/HIV, and drug-resistant TB services; to prevent transmission and disease progression; and to strengthen TB platforms.
Purpose of the position
The CTB Case Management (CM) Consultant shall have primary responsibility to accomplishes M/XDR TB patients care by assessing treatment needs; developing, monitoring, and evaluating treatment plans and progress; facilitating interdisciplinary approaches.
The CTB CM Consultant a staff member of the KNCV Branch office in Kyrgyzstan and is answerable to the Country Director.
As Case Management Consultant, you will:
- Participate in the recruitment of patients for treatment by analyzing the previous records and the results of surveys.
- Conduct a comprehensive assessment of the patient’s adherence to treatment by means of questionnaires, interviews, home visits in the community.
- Assess infection control measures (IC) for the direct observed treatment (DOT) at the outpatient stage and organize the necessary measures to improve infection control measures if necessary.
- Organize and conduct training of patients, their family members, the treatment supporters, as well as members of support groups for patients with tuberculosis, IC, prevention and treatment throughout the course of treatment, according to the approved regulations.
- Identify the needs of the patient in the medical, socio-psychological and psychiatric, drug treatment needs with the organization of expert advice and redirect to partner organizations for additional services, drawing up plans for psychosocial support.
- Carry out all necessary measures for social support of patients in need through cooperation with state, public, NGOs, religious, and other partner organizations.
- Identify the reasons for refusal of treatment, individual counseling of patients and their relatives
- Coordinate treatment programs by establishing schedules and procedures for the direct observed treatment, where necessary, take part in drawing up plans and schedules of treating a patient, organizational activities, including transportation and escort.
- Monitor routine examination and treatment by checking the presence of the patient; monitoring and evaluation of treatments and examinations, crisis intervention; providing personal support to improve treatment outcomes.
- Maintain a database of patients for psychosocial support and the degree of patient adherence to treatment, with constant updating; logging events and progress.
- Report on the progress in the treatment of patients through weekly multidisciplinary meetings and assessments; dissemination of results and obstacles to therapeutic groups and families, to determine the effect of treatment.
- Enhance the competence of the personnel of DOT unit by providing educational resources; taking into account the requirements of working condition with learning opportunities; assessment of learning outcomes to improve success of treatment.
- Prepare reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing the results of treatment, to collect statistics.
- Implement search Lost for follow-up patients and visiting the patients, formally refused treatment.
- Comply with labor discipline and to keep secret the confidential information that has become known in the course of his duties.
Who are we looking for?
- Higher or secondary education in medicine or in social and related fields;
- At least 3 years of experience in psychosocial support with excellent Documentation Skills, Analyzing Information, Decision Making, Research Skills, Verbal Communication, Written Communication, People Skills, Resolving Conflict, People Management, Integrity, Connecting with Children;
- Leadership and decision making;
- Networking, diplomacy and coordination;
- Excellent oral and written Kyrgyz, Russian skills, other language skills are an advantage (e.g. English);
- To work proactively and work well in a team;
- Ability to develop and maintain efficient working relationships among project staff, subcontractors, consultants and recipients of assistance;
- Ability to perform tasks independently within a set policy framework of responsibilities and assignments;
- Ability to travel on business trips around the country.
What does KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation offer
- Service contract till September 30th, 2017;
- An informal work atmosphere in an international environment where initiative is appreciated;
- A highly-motivated team of experienced, self-driven colleagues;
- The salary is dependent upon education and relevant working experience;
Application and information
You can apply for this position by submitting your CV and a motivation letter in Russian to firstname.lastname@example.org before 27 January 2017. If you have any questions, feel free to contact KNCV office in Kyrgyzstan +996 312 398204.
KNCV TB Foundation is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental handicap, or status as a disabled.