KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation is looking for a
Coordinator IT (20 hours per week)
Duty station: The Hague, The Netherlands
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation (KNCV) is one of the leading international non-profit organizations dedicated to fighting tuberculosis (TB) worldwide. We are an international center of expertise for TB control that stimulates effective, efficient and sustainable tuberculosis control strategies in a national and international context. We are an organization of passionate TB professionals; including medical doctors, researchers, training experts, nurses and epidemiologists.
Over the past century we have built a wealth of knowledge and expertise, initially by successfully driving back TB in the Netherlands, and subsequently by partnering in the fight against TB in over 40 countries worldwide.
We operate from a central office in The Hague in the Netherlands and additional country offices worldwide). KNCV raises funds from individual, institutional and corporate donors.
Purpose of the position and organizational position
The Coordinator IT is responsible for providing general support to the organization with regard to ICT.
The Coordinator IT reports to the Head of Finance, he/she coordinates outsourced ICT services and data protection procedures. The reporting line for data protection in capacity of Data Security Officer is to the Executive Director.
Policy development and advice
- Develops guidelines and standards for IT facilities or has them developed and makes them
available to staff;
- Implements the IT policy in consultation with IT providers and KNCV IT Project Board;
- Implements the IT policy plan, Data Protection Policy, Information Security Policy and
information architecture in consultation with staff and IT experts;
- Advises and manages IT facilities (hardware, software and services, such as MyKNCV).
Result: An effective and appropriate information strategy and policy is developed and adhered to so that work processes can be properly supported with the required information and are in compliance with data protection regulation.
- Ensures optimal performance of IT facilities for staff;
- Manages services provided by IT suppliers on a weekly basis and by periodical (monthly)
service management review meetings with suppliers/consultants for IT;
- Monitors the annual plan and budget on IT;
- Ensures that the inventory of all information systems within KNCV is up to date and
coordinates efforts to ensure optimal connectivity between those systems;
- Encourages IT providers to monitor IT trends from which KNCV can benefit and prepares
related proposals for the KNCV Management team;
- Follows up on requirements with respect to information accessibility, authorization etc.;
- Ensures effective communication with- and relationship management of external suppliers.
Result: IT supports all work processes within KNCV in the most optimal way and the annual plan is implemented within the budget.
Information Security Officer
The Information Security Officer is responsible for the general implementation of KNCV’s Data Security Policy and is responsible for formulating, maintaining and publishing the Data Security Policy and related guidelines.
The Information Security Officer is responsible for:
- Initiating the drafting, evaluation and adjustment of the policies related to data security (strategic/ tactical);
- Initiating data security measures and projects and executing them;
- Developing and maintaining a data security structure;
- Monitor and guide the implementation of Data Security measures;
- Organizing independent reviews (vulnerability check, penetration test, Business Impact and risk analysis);
- Collecting data on and reporting Data Security incidents;
- Advising line management in the development of the Data Security Policy and information security plans for their specific responsibility areas and in the implementation of these plans.
Who are we looking for?
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field;
- Experience in negotiating and relation management;
- Experience in procurement;
- Advanced knowledge of ICT and relevant software applications;
- Knowledge of Data Protection regulations;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and Dutch.
What does KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation offer?
- A fixed-term contract until December 2020, with the intention to extend the contract;
- An informal work atmosphere in an international environment where initiative is appreciated;
- A highly motivated team of experienced, self-driven colleagues worldwide;
- A salary dependent upon education and relevant working experience;
- KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation has its own Employment Conditions Scheme;
- Full-time employment at KNCV consists of 38 hours per week. This contract is a part-time contract of 20 hours per week.
Application and information
You can apply for this position via https://www.kncvtbc.org/vacancies/ before 21 May 2020.
For more information please contact the HRM Department: phone (070) 4167222. For further information on KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation, please see www.kncvtbc.org.