Country Representative Officer Duty station Abuja, Nigeria
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation (KNCV) is an international center of expertise for TB control that promotes effective, efficient, innovative and sustainable tuberculosis control strategies in a national and international context. The organization works from the Central Office in The Hague and several Country Offices. KNCV collaborates in country together with the NTP and other partners.
Purpose of the job
The purpose of the position is to represent KNCV in country towards all relevant stakeholders, including relationship management for national and international Resource mobilization, to oversee KNCV projects/activities in country and ensure alignment between organizational strategy and country strategic objectives and to oversee the establishment and proper functioning of a local entity. The Country Representative Officer (CRO) is overall responsible for a good functioning Country Office and supervises in country KNCV staff.
Position in the organization
The CRO reports to the Director Finance & Operations at Head Office (HO) in The Hague for project overarching issues. The CRO is the official legal representative in country and the responsible manager of the Country Office.
People, Project and Country Office Management
- Supervises the Country Office team;
- Plays a mentoring and coaching role towards staff;
- Oversees project implementation and management of projects in country managed by different project managers
- Is end responsible for in country KNCV security policy and ensures it is fully operational and adhered to;
- Ensures a qualitative and quantitative formation of the Country Office;
- Ensures proper execution of the KNCV Country Office manual and HRM manual and adheres to the KNCV performance cycle;
- Implements (changes in) relevant policies and procedures in the Country Office as advised by KNCV HO;
- Has Country level signatory power on behalf of KNCV as determined in letter of authorization;
- Provides quarterly and annual progress reports to all internal and external stakeholders including HO (supported by in country project staff)
Result: The Country Office runs smoothly. Overall KNCV policies, procedures and systems are in place. The Country Office staff is motivated and able do their work efficiently and effectively.
General Relationship Management
- Establishes and maintains partnership relations with relevant institutes, such as technical and donor partners and research and training institutes;
- Represents KNCV externally with partners in country;
- Builds and maintains operational and strategic relationships at national level with donors, country stakeholders and other partners, within the context of relevant agreements between KNCV and the authorities, to ensure the appropriate implementation of the projects;
- Coordinates closely with the NTP, and all technical partners and donors;
- Supports and advises the NTP and national partners from a KNCV perspective;
- Creates and optimizes in country visibility of KNCV.
Result: Strong relationships with partners. KNCV and its vision and strategy are represented at different levels, in and outside the KNCV organization.
- Identifies opportunities for local resource mobilization and ensures required follow up;
- Contributes to international resource mobilization in close collaboration with HO;
- Leads and oversees in country proposal development activities including budget development, supported by financial staff;
- Is in charge of knowledge management; ensures documentation of KNCV achievements and results in country.
Result: Resource mobilization opportunities are identified and followed up leading to additional project funding.
Managing the establishment of the local entity (KNCV Nigeria)
- Coordinates the signing of a partnership agreement between the local entity and KNCV HO, defining the relationship between the two entities;
- Coordinates the opening of a bank account for the local entity;
- Supports the set-up of a governance structure for the local entity, including regular and minuted board meetings, in line with the entity’s constitution (if needed, updates this constitution);
- Inventories all legal (reporting) requirements for a local entity, including timelines;
- Organizes semi-annual meetings between local entity’s board of representatives and KNCV HO;
- Inventories requirements to set up a separate payroll and accounting system;
- Implements a planning and control cycle for the local entity’s operations (including budget, periodic reporting, annual report), taking into account all legal reporting requirements in Nigeria for a local NGO.
Result: local entity established in line with local legislation and functioning in line with KNCV HO’s vision.
Who are we looking for?
- Masters’ degree in a relevant field (Public Health or equivalent)
- Knowledge of and international experience with Public Health and health services and with international TB developments in developing and transitioning countries;
- Knowledge of and experience in training, mentoring and coaching;
- Experience in TB control & program management in a senior position;
- Experience in resource mobilization and proposal development;
- Demonstrated skills as an organization representative and as a manager of a similar type of organization;
- Advanced knowledge with relevant software applications;
- Excellent verbal and written skills of English and one other relevant language.
Behavioral competencies and skills
- Good interpersonal skills with experience in networking with partners at all levels (ministry, donors, private sector, NGOs and local community-based organizations);
- Country national preferable, conversant in the local language;
- Ability to work as part of a team and independently;
- Ability to cope with a demanding work environment and to organize and prioritize workload;
- Ability to work in a national and international team.
What does KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation offer?
- A fixed-term contract for one year with intention to extend;
- An informal work atmosphere in an international environment where a pro-active mentality is appreciated;
- A highly-motivated team of experienced, self-driven colleagues;
- The salary is dependent upon education and relevant working experience;
- KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation has its own Employment Conditions Scheme;
- Full-time employment consists of 40 hours per week.
Application and Information
You can apply for this position by submitting the form below with your CV, a motivation letter and 3 professional references, before 19 August 2019. If you have any questions, feel free to contact our HRM Team in The Netherlands: +31(0)70-41672222.
Please note that we only consider the applications that are received through the KNCV website. Applicants that are sent to recruit email account are not taken into consideration.