Country Representative Officer
Duty Station: Hanoi, Vietnam
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation is an international non-profit organization dedicated to the fight against tuberculosis (TB), still the second most deadly infectious disease in the world. KNCV is an international center of expertise for TB control that promotes effective, efficient, innovative and sustainable tuberculosis control strategies in a national and international context.
We are an organization of passionate TB professionals, including doctors, researchers, training experts, nurses and epidemiologists. We aim to stop the spread of the worldwide epidemic of TB and to prevent the further spread of drug-resistant TB. Over the past century we have built up a wealth of knowledge and expertise, initially by successfully controlling TB in the Netherlands. Since the 1970s, we have also shared our knowledge and expertise with the rest of the world. We operate from a central office in The Hague in the Netherlands, a regional office in Central Asia and country offices worldwide. KNCV raises funds from private, institutional, corporate, and government donors.
Purpose of the job
The purpose of the position is to represent KNCV in country towards all relevant stakeholders, including relationship management for national and international Resource mobilization. The CO will manage KNCV projects/activities in country and ensure alignment between organizational strategy and country strategic objectives. The CO is overall responsible for a good functioning Country office and supervises in country KNCV staff.
Position in the organization
The Country Representative Officer (CRO) reports to the Director Finance & Operations for project overarching issues. The CRO is the official legal representative in country and the responsible manager of the Country Office.
People, Project and Country Office Management
- Supervises the country office staff
- Play a mentoring and coaching role towards staff
- Ensures proper project implementation and management of projects in country
- Plans, coordinates and checks the activities and deadlines of the team
- Final responsible for in country KNCV security policy and ensures it is fully operational
- Ensures a qualitative and quantitative formation of the Country Office
- Ensures proper execution of the KNCV Country Office manual and HRM manual and adheres to the KNCV performance cycle
- Implements (changes in) relevant policies and procedures in the country office as advised by KNCV HO
- Country level signatory power on behalf of KNCV as determined in letter of authorization
Result: The Country Office runs smoothly. Overall KNCV policies, procedures and systems are in place. The Country Office staff is motivated and able do their work efficiently and effectively.
General Relationship Management
- Establishes and maintains partnership relationship with relevant institutes, such as technical and donor partners and research and training institutes
- Represents KNCV externally with partners in country
- Builds and maintains operational and strategic relationships at national level with donors, country stakeholders and other partners, within the context of relevant agreements between KNCV and the authorities, to ensure the appropriate implementation of the projects
- Coordinates closely with the NTP, and all technical partners and donors
- Supports and advises the NTP and national partners from a KNCV perspective
- Create and optimize in country visibility of KNCV
Result: Strong relationships with partners. KNCV and its vision and strategy are represented at different levels, in and outside the KNCV organization.
- Identify opportunities for local resource mobilization and ensure required follow up
- Contribute to international resource mobilization in close collaboration with HO
- Lead and oversee in country proposal development activities including budget development, supported by financial staff
- Knowledge management; ensure documentation of KNCV achievements and results in country
Result: Resource mobilization opportunities are identified and followed up leading to additional project funding.
- Manages the projects in country (financial, technical and project management)
- Oversees the implementation of sub-contracted local and international partners’ activities
- Coordinates the preparation of annual work plans and budgets for project areas in close coordination with NTP, senior consultant(s) of KNCV, other partners and in-country donor offices and submits these timely to the Director F&O
- Coordinates and plans the input of senior (external) consultant(s) based on the activity plans in which the goals and expected results of technical assistance are described
- Communicates on a regular basis with the project teams of KNCV on the progress of projects in the context of overall country strategy, the budget expenditure and related issues.
- Provides quarterly and annual progress reports to all internal and external stakeholders including HO (supported by in country project staff)
Result: Projects are implemented on time, within budget delivering the expected results.
- Masters’ degree in a relevant field (Public Health or equivalent)
- Knowledge of and international experience with Public Health and health services and with international TB developments in developing and transitioning countries
- Knowledge of and experience in training, mentoring and coaching
- Experience in TB control & program management in a senior position
- Experience in resource mobilization and proposal development
- Demonstrated skills as an organization representative and as a manager of a similar type of organization
- Advanced knowledge with relevant software applications
- Excellent verbal and written skills of English and one other relevant language.
Application and Information
You can apply for this position by submitting the form below with your CV, including a motivation letter and 3 professional references before 16 July 2019.
Please note that we only consider the applications that are received through the KNCV website. Applicants that are sent to recruit email account are not taken into consideration.