KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation is looking for a
Data Analysis Officer (full time 38 hours per week)
Duty station: The Hague, The Netherlands
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation is an international non-profit organization dedicated to the fight against tuberculosis (TB), the deadliest infectious disease in the world. KNCV is an international center of excellence for TB control that promotes effective, efficient, innovative and sustainable tuberculosis control strategies in a national and international context. Our multidisciplinary team of passionate professionals covers a broad range of expertise such as programmatic TB control, research, clinical management, social science, education, digital health, and project management.
Over the past century KNCV has made a significant contribution to the successful fight against TB in the Netherlands, and since the 1970s, we have shared our knowledge and expertise with the rest of the world. We operate from a central office in The Hague, the Netherlands, a regional office in Central Asia and country offices in Africa and (central) Asia. KNCV raises funds from private, institutional, corporate and government donors.
KNCV is the lead partner in Challenge TB (CTB), the USAID-funded 5-year global program to decrease TB mortality and morbidity in high burdened countries. We lead an international consortium with eight partner organizations: American Thoracic Society (ATS), FHI 360, Interactive Research & Development (IRD), Japan Anti-Tuberculosis Foundation (JATA), and Management Sciences for Health (MSH), PATH, The International Union Against Tuberculosis and Lung Disease (The Union), and the World Health Organization (WHO).
The overarching strategic objectives of CTB are to improve access to quality patient centered care for TB, TB/HIV, and drug-resistant TB services; to prevent transmission and disease progression; and to strengthen TB platforms.
The CTB Project Management Unit (PMU)
As the prime recipient, KNCV established the CTB PMU to manage all operations related to CTB. The PMU facilitates and monitors the quality, implementation and administration of all core, regional and country projects. PMU does not implement projects but ensures that country-specific objectives are met, delays in implementation are prevented, absorption capacity is improved and effective and efficient approaches are developed and shared amongst all CTB partners. PMU communicates directly with USAID Washington on behalf of the coalition partners.
Purpose of the job
The CTB Data Analysis Officer has the primary responsibility for establishing and maintaining systems to compile, analyze and report project data at all levels and across levels, for developing regular project reports to USAID and for developing special reports as needed, and independently building host country capacity to gather and analyze data for program improvement. Knowledge of and experience in the TB/public health quantitative data management and analysis is of the utmost importance.
Position in organization
The Data Analysis Officer is part of the CTB program’s Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) team and reports to M&E coordinator.
As Data Analysis Officer you will:
- Conduct data quality review and analysis of TB surveillance and programmatic data reported in CTB country quarterly and annual reports as well as within the framework of CTB core projects;
- Execute the quarterly and annual data collection and analysis process in collaboration with the other team members to assess project performance and identify areas for improvement;
- Conduct data pooling and analysis for CTB global quarterly and annual reports;
- Support reviewing, mapping and analyzing core, regional and country work plans, budgets and reports from a perspective of TB surveillance and programmatic data collection and analysis;
- Coordinate technical review of operations research protocols;
- Track and collate results from operations research being conducted across all projects;
- Provide guidance to CTB country relevant staff and engage them in assisting NTPs and country level partners in the field of collecting, analyzing, using and presenting TB surveillance and programmatic data;
- Conduct baseline/end line data collection activities/studies.
Who are we looking for?
- A masters’ degree in a relevant field.
- Experience in managing and analyzing TB/public health quantitative data, including in the following areas:
- Design and implement data quality assurance systems for TB, MDR/TB, HIV/AIDS and/or other complex health programs
- Evaluate quantitative and qualitative health data sets
- Manage the utilization of the data for project and other reporting
- Knowledge of relevant software applications
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills in English and one other relevant language.
What does KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation offer?
- A full-time (38 hours per week) fixed-term contract for a year, with the intention to extend the contract depending on funding and performance;
- An informal work atmosphere in an international environment where initiative is
- A highly-motivated team of experienced, self-driven colleagues;
- The salary is dependent upon education and relevant working experience;
- KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation has its own Employment Conditions Scheme.
Application and information
You can apply for this position via the form below before 11 March 2018. If you have any questions, feel free to contact our HRM Team in The Netherlands: +31(0)70- 416 72 65 or email@example.com.
Please note that we only consider the applications that are received through the KNCV website.