For the IMPACT TB PROJECT
Duty Station: Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation is an international non-profit organization dedicated to the fight against tuberculosis (TB), the deadliest infectious disease in the world. KNCV is an international center of expertise for TB control that promotes effective, efficient, innovative and sustainable tuberculosis control strategies in a national and international context. We are an organization of passionate TB professionals, including doctors, researchers, training experts, nurses and epidemiologists. We aim to stop the worldwide epidemic of TB and to prevent the further spread of drug-resistant TB.
Over the past century we have built a wealth of knowledge and expertise, initially by successfully controlling TB in the Netherlands. Since the 1970s, we have also shared our knowledge and expertise with the rest of the world. We operate from a central office in The Hague, the Netherlands, a regional office in Central Asia and country offices worldwide. KNCV raises funds from private, institutional, corporate and government donors.
The IMPACT TB Project is funded by the European Commission Horizon 2020 program and aims to assess the facilitators and barriers to scale-up two proven intervention for tuberculosis in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam and the Central Development region of Nepal. Two alternative strategies will be implemented in both countries and compared for their cost-effectiveness and potential impact on tuberculosis transmission. The project is executed by a consortium of different international and local partners, headed by the Liverpool School of Tropical Medicine. Within the consortium, KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation has the responsibility to train local staff in data collection and management procedures and to monitor the data collection on-site for the full duration of the data collection period (2,5 years). KNCV has no local offices at the study sites. Therefore, the data manager will be located in the office of the local partner that collects the data for the study for an average of 2 days per week: Freundeskreis fur Internationale Tuberkulosehilfe in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam. For the remaining time, the Data Manager will be working from other locations, depending on the activities.
Position in the organization
The Data Manager reports hierarchically to the Central Office in The Hague.
Purpose of the position
The IMPACT TB Project aims to assess the facilitators and barriers to scale-up two proven intervention for tuberculosis. The Data manager will monitor the data collection on-site for the full duration of the data collection period (2,5 years).
As a Data Manager you will:
- Closely collaborate with partner organization to monitor on-site data collection and report the progress on regular basis to KNCV Country representative in Vietnam and to the technical lead at KNCV Central Office.
- Collaborate with the partner organization to monitor and mentor data entry staff (employed by partner organizations) for the digitizing of paper-based records. i.e. make sure that data collected on hard copies is transformed into digital form using online information system, report the progress on regular basis to KNCV Central Office and Country Office (located in Hanoi)
- Communicate on a day-to-day basis with the local partner organization (FIT in Vietnam)
- Verify the accuracy and completeness of data entry of the data which is entered into the online information system
- Maintain online users profile and their privileges, including granting and revoking access rights
- Monitor automatic task of daily backup of data files
- Monitor durability and availability of online information service and immediately report downtime
- Submit monthly reports on activities including digitizing paper-based records from the different health facilities / health workers by the data entry staff
- Provide training in data management processes and use of recording and reporting online systems for local staff from partner organizations involved in data collection and entry
- Conduct frequent (weekly) visits to all data collection facilities conducted in Ho Chi Minh City
- Assist in the preparation and conduct of visits of international consultants from KNCV and in the preparation and conduct of trainings
- Support other related activities in the field of data management and other duties as required, in coordination with KNCV and the partner
Your education and experience and your skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Public Health, IT, data analytics or development
- Preferably 3-5 years experience in data collection and preservation methodologies
- Strong interest in the application of Information and Communication Technology
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and in Vietnamese
- Result and solution oriented;
- Eye for detail
- Supportive and highly flexible to changing needs and priorities
- Initiatives minded and ability to look for external help if necessary to complete assigned task
What does KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation offer?
- KNCV offers you a full time contract for a period of 1 year with the option to extend to 30 months depending on performance and funding, starting in June 2017. Please contact our local office for more information. An informal work atmosphere where initiative is appreciated;
- An informal work atmosphere where initiative is appreciated;
- A competitive salary dependent upon education and relevant working experience;
Application and Information
You can apply for the position via the form belowbefore 7 August 2017. For more information please contact us our HRM Team in The Netherlands: +31(0)70-41672222 or mail to email@example.com.
Please note that we only consider the applications that are received through the KNCV website. Applicants that are sent to recruit email account are not taken into consideration. KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation is an equal opportunity employer.