KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation is looking for a
Deputy Country Representative Technical Services
Duty station: Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Challenge TB Project
KNCV is the lead partner in Challenge TB (CTB), the USAID-funded 5-year global program to decrease TB mortality and morbidity in high burdened countries. We lead an international consortium with eight partner organizations: American Thoracic Society (ATS), FHI 360, Interactive Research & Development (IRD), Japan Anti-Tuberculosis Foundation (JATA), and Management Sciences for Health (MSH), PATH, The International Union Against Tuberculosis and Lung Disease (The Union), and the World Health Organization (WHO).
The overarching strategic objectives of CTB are to improve access to quality patient centered care for TB, TB/HIV, and drug-resistant TB services; to prevent transmission and disease progression; and to strengthen TB platforms.
Purpose of the job
In the position of the deputy country representative Technical Services, you are responsible for planning, designing, overseeing and following up of all technical areas under the Challenge TB project and all other project activities carried out under the KNCV Tanzania office.
You will identify and document technically sound, cost-effective, and practical approaches to enhance TB control that are consistent with Government of Tanzania policies and priorities. You solicit and utilize necessary short-term technical advisers, both local and international as needed and as approved in the work plan/budget. You will provide day-to-day supervision to in-country technical KNCV staff including the Challenge TB technical staff from consortium partners. You will also act as the deputy country representative and represent the county representative during her/his absence on request.
You will work in very close collaboration with other USAID funded projects and other partners to harmonize activities.
As Deputy Country Representative Technical Services you will:
- Lead and supervise the technical team as per organogram to carry out all activities as per the approved workplan and budget.
- Advice TB control stakeholders at national and regional level in all areas of TB control (patient centered care, MDR-TB, TB/HIV, childhood TB, aDSM etc)
- Identify bottlenecks in TB control in the project supported regions and proposes technically sound, cost-effective, and practical approaches to address them
- Identify opportunities to improve TB control at national level and within the regions
- Contribute to the development of guidelines and tools for regional TB control
People, project, finance and quality management
- Supervise and inspire team members, while creating an environment where sharing, technical debate and innovation are part of the routine
- Take care of qualitative and quantitative development of the regional team
- Enhance and anchor the in-depth knowledge of TB technical areas
- Contribute to the development of the work plan and implements with the team the outlined project activities
- Plan, coordinate and check the activities and deadlines of the technical team
- Monitor the project performance according to the M&E plan
- Prepare and submit quarterly and annual reports to the country representative
- Supervise and approve of the budgets as per approved work plan and budget.
- Identify areas for crosscutting collaboration with national and regional partners
- Identify knowledge gaps in the team and initiates and guides further capacity building of the team
- Actively share knowledge with national and regional TB control program
- Maintain personal in-depth knowledge on TB control areas.
Who are we looking for?
- MD plus Master’s Degree in public health or equivalent
Experience and skills:
- Proven track record in people, project and finance management with experience managing projects in complex settings, in international organizations
- Minimum of 5 years relevant work experience in TB control
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Experience in teaching and capacity building
- Proven ability to develop effective working relationships
- The ability to organize and prioritize with an eye for detail.
What does KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation offer?
- A full-time (40 hours per week) fixed-term contract for a year, with the intention to extend the contract, depending on performance and availability of funding
- An informal work atmosphere in an international environment where initiative is appreciated
- A highly-motivated team of experienced, self-driven colleagues
- The salary is dependent upon education and relevant working experience
- KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation has its own Employment Conditions Scheme.
Application and Information
You can apply for this position by submitting your CV, including a motivation letter and 3 professional references, via www.kncvtbc.org/TZ1705 before 11th October 2017. If you have any questions, feel free to contact our HRM Team in The Netherlands: +31(0)70-41672222 or mail to email@example.com.
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental handicap, or status as a disabled person.