KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation is looking for a
Digital Health and Surveillance/Data Management Consultant (fulltime)
Duty station: The Hague, The Netherlands
Advances in mobile technologies, network coverage and internet access have transformed the way we interact with each other in our daily life. Instant access to and sharing of information is also quickly becoming the norm in our professional, social and personal environments. These developments have created new and exciting possibilities to improve patient-centered care by turning data into useful information for patient (self)- and program management.
Building on more than 110 years of experience in tuberculosis (TB) prevention and care, KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation supports countries to effectively implement Digital Health solutions to enable healthy communities. We apply Digital Health in three areas of work: (1) diagnosis (e.g. diagnostic connectivity), (2) care and treatment support (e.g. treatment adherence technologies), and (3) surveillance and monitoring.
Purpose of the position
KNCV’s Digital Health activities are carried out by a team of dedicated consultants (based in The Hague) who support the implementation of digital health solutions in focus countries and help to create pathways for acceleration of applying digital health in projects and programs. As our activities are expanding we are looking for a Digital Health and Surveillance Consultant to join our team.
As Digital Health and Surveillance Consultant at KNCV you will:
- Lead and provide technical assistance to National TB Programs (NTP) in the design and deployment of digital solutions, surveillance systems and interoperability;
- Build capacity on surveillance and data management by on the job training and also through the development and implementation of adult education methodologies;
- Work with international partners like country offices, technology companies, NTPs, ministries of health, NGO’s and partner organizations to build in country capacity related to the use of digital health for TB;
- Evaluate information systems, tools, strategies and best practices from the international health community and beyond in support of determining KNCV programmatic use of digital health tools;
- Provide technical assistance to focus countries on how they collect, analyze and use data to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of their efforts to fight TB;
- Support the development of new projects and write grant proposals on surveillance systems;
- Contribute to publications and presentations;
- The job requires frequent travel (30%-40% of the time).
The Digital Health and Surveillance Consultant reports to the Technical Coordinator of the Team Health Systems, based within the Technical Division.
Who are we looking for?
Master’s degree with at least 3-years of experience in a relevant field (e.g. health science, global health)
Knowledge and experience:
- Proven experience in implementing surveillance systems (e.g. DHIS2), preferably within TB control;(experience with Microsoft SQL server and .NET technology would be an advantage)
- Proven experience in implementing technology based solutions including providing capacity building activities, preferably in a global health context;
- Experience working in an international context (preferably low- and middle-income countries);
- Familiarity with data management, data visualization and data utilization;
- The ability to work in a team and in a diverse work environment, unstructured settings and able to adapt to new environments and challenges;
- Experience in communicating technical concepts to non-technical audience;
- Confident and convincing communicator with strong relationship building skills;
- Service minded towards our partners and stakeholders with a flexible attitude;
- Excellent writing and communication skills in English.
What does KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation offer?
- A fixed-term contract for a year, with the intention to extend the contract dependent on funding and performance;
- An informal work atmosphere in an international environment where initiative is the norm;
- A highly-motivated team of experienced, self-driven colleagues;
- A competitive salary and benefits package dependent upon education and relevant working experience;
- KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation has its own Employment Conditions Scheme.
About KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation is an international non-profit organization dedicated to the fight against TB, the deadliest infectious disease in the world. KNCV is an international center of expertise for TB control that promotes effective, efficient, innovative and sustainable tuberculosis control strategies in a national and international context. We are an organization of passionate TB professionals, including doctors, researchers, training experts, nurses and epidemiologists. We aim to stop the worldwide epidemic of TB and to prevent the further spread of drug-resistant TB. KNCV is the lead partner in Challenge TB (CTB), the USAID-funded 5-year global program to decrease TB mortality and morbidity in high-burdened countries. We lead an international consortium with eight partner organizations. The overarching strategic objectives of Challenge TB are to improve access to quality patient centered care for TB, TB/HIV, and MDR-TB services; to prevent transmission and disease progression; and to strengthen TB platforms.
Application and information
You can apply for this position, including a motivation letter via the form below before 14th January 2018. If you have any questions, feel free to contact our HRM Team in The Netherlands: +31(0)70-41672222 or mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental handicap, or status as a disabled.