KNCV Tuberculosis Foundations is looking for a
Digital Health Consultant (fulltime)
Duty station: The Hague, The Netherlands
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation is an international non-profit organization dedicated to the fight against tuberculosis (TB), still the most deadly infectious disease in the world.
KNCV is an international center of expertise for TB control that promotes effective, efficient, innovative and sustainable tuberculosis control strategies in a national and international context. We are an organization of passionate TB professionals, including doctors, researchers, training experts, nurses and epidemiologists. We aim to stop the spread of the worldwide epidemic of TB and to prevent the further spread of drug-resistant TB.
Over the past century we have built up a wealth of knowledge and expertise, initially by successfully controlling TB in the Netherlands. Since the 1970s, we have also shared our knowledge and expertise with the rest of the world. We operate from a central office in The Hague in the Netherlands, a regional office in Central Asia and country offices worldwide. KNCV raises funds from private, institutional, corporate, and government donors.
Advances in mobile technologies, network coverage and internet access have transformed the way we interact with each other in our daily life. Instant access to and sharing of information is also quickly becoming the norm in our professional, social and personal environments. These developments have created new and exciting possibilities to improve patient-centered care by turning data into useful information for patient and program management.
Building on more than 110 years of experience in tuberculosis (TB) prevention and care, KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation supports countries to effectively implement digital health solutions to enable healthy communities. We apply digital health in three areas of our work: (1) diagnosis (e.g. diagnostic connectivity), (2) care and treatment support (e.g. digital adherence technologies), and (3) health management information systems (HMIS).
Purpose of the position
KNCV’s Digital Health activities are carried out by a team of dedicated, international consultants (based in The Hague) that support the implementation of digital health solutions in focus countries and help to create pathways for acceleration of applying digital health in projects and programs. As our activities are expanding we are looking for a Digital Health Consultant with strengths in HMIS to join our team.
The Digital Health Consultant reports to the Technical Coordinator of the Digital Health Team, based within the Technical Division.
As Digital Health Consultant at KNCV you will:
- Lead and provide technical assistance and capacity building to National TB Programs (NTP) and Ministries of Health (MoH) for in-country systems requirements, analysis, design, development and deployment of Health Management Information Systems (HMIS) like DHIS2;
- Work with international partners such as country offices, technology companies, NTPs, ministries of health, NGO’s and partner organizations to build in-country capacity related to the use of digital health for TB;
- Evaluate information systems, tools, strategies and best practices from the international health community and beyond in support of determining KNCV programmatic use of digital health tools;
- Provide technical assistance to focus countries on how they collect, analyze and use data to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of their efforts to fight TB;
- Support the development of new projects and funding opportunities;
- Contribute to publications and presentations;
The job requires frequent international travel (30%-40% of the time) to various countries in Africa and Asia.
Who are we looking for?
Master’s degree with at least 3-years of experience in a relevant field (e.g. health science, global health, systems implementation, epidemiology, ICT4D)
Knowledge and experience:
- Proven experience in working with national health surveillance programs, including HMIS (preferably with DHIS2)
- Proven experience in implementing technology-based solutions, including providing capacity building activities, preferably in a global health context;
- Tech savvy, with experience in designing and implementing solutions with end users, including user-centered design and capacity building (training) activities;
- Experience working in an international context (preferably low- and middle-income countries) and/or entrepreneurial environment;
- The ability to work in a team and in diverse work environments, a capacity to thrive unstructured settings, and the flexibility to adapt to new environments and challenges;
- Familiarity with data management, data visualization (e.g. Tableau) and data utilization;
- Self-initiator with an entrepreneurial approach;
- Experience in communicating technical concepts to non-technical audience;
- Confident and convincing communicator with strong relationship building skills;
- Service-minded towards our partners and stakeholders and with a flexible attitude;
- Excellent writing and communication skills in English
What does KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation offer?
- A fixed-term contract for one year, with the intention to extend the contract dependent on funding and performance;
- A casual office work atmosphere in an international environment where initiative is the norm;
- A highly-motivated team of experienced, diverse, self-driven colleagues;
- A competitive salary and benefits package (including relocation allowance) dependent upon education and relevant work experience;
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation has its own Employment Conditions Scheme.
Application and information
You can apply for this position via the form below before 27th of May 2018. If you have any questions, feel free to contact our HRM Team in The Netherlands: +31(0)70-4270956 or mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.