Currently KNCV is looking for a:
Director of Technical Services
Duty Station: Representative Office, Jakarta
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation is an international non-profit organization dedicated to the fight against tuberculosis (TB), the deadliest infectious disease in the world. KNCV is an international center of expertise for TB control that promotes effective, efficient, innovative and sustainable TB control strategies in a national and international context. We are an organization of passionate TB professionals, including doctors, researchers, training experts, nurses and epidemiologists. We aim to stop the worldwide epidemic of TB and to prevent the further spread of drug-resistant TB.
Over the past century we have built a wealth of knowledge and expertise, initially by successfully controlling TB in the Netherlands. Since the 1970s, we have also shared our knowledge and expertise with the rest of the world. We operate from a central office in The Hague, the Netherlands, a regional office in Central Asia and country offices worldwide. KNCV raises funds from private, institutional, corporate and government donors.
KNCV is the lead partner in Challenge TB (CTB), the USAID-funded 5-year global program to decrease TB mortality and morbidity in high burdened countries. We lead an international consortium with eight partner organizations: American Thoracic Society (ATS), FHI 360, Interactive Research & Development (IRD), Japan Anti-Tuberculosis Foundation (JATA), Management Sciences for Health (MSH), PATH, The International Union Against Tuberculosis and Lung Disease (The Union), and the World Health Organization (WHO).
The overarching strategic objectives of Challenge TB are to improve access to quality patient-centred care for TB, TB/HIV, and MDR-TB services; to prevent transmission and disease progression; and to strengthen TB platforms.
Purpose of the position
The Director of Technical Services is responsible for continuous technical support to the NTP by the KNCV/Challenge TB project and technical coordination between the KNCV/CTB Representative Office in Jakarta, it’s (Senior) Technical Officers, and Provincial Coordinators, the National Tuberculosis Program (NTP) in Indonesia and its partners at all levels, with the objective to ensure effective implementation and further development of Indonesia’s strategic plans for TB elimination. The Director of Technical Services is also responsible for the liaising with the Yayasan KCNV Indonesia and other technical partner organizations (within and outside the CTB coalition) to align strategies and activities between the organizations, ensure rapid uptake of relevant innovations and promote high quality TB control.
As the Director of Technical Services you will:
- Provide continuous high quality technical assistance to the NTP at various levels to assure effective implementation of KNCV/CTB supported work plans
- Monitor the overall implementation of the KNCV/CTB supported work plans in operational areas, identify problems, advise counterpart program managers on necessary corrective actions, follow-up on these actions, and prepare brief visit reports on findings and recommendations
- Assist KNCV/CTB (Senior) Technical Officers and Provincial Coordinators in the preparation of annual work plans and budgets, and assure timely submission to the Country Representative
- Supervise, monitor and provide TA to activities carried out by KNCV/CTB (Senior) Technical Officers, Coordinators and assist in problem solving
- Assist the M&E team in compilation of quarterly/annual progress reports and ensure the quality of content and completeness of the quarterly reports
- Assist in activities that are directly or indirectly related to achievement of the National TB Program objectives, when requested by the NTP Program Manager or other partners and after with the KNCV Country Representative
- Participate in regular coordination meetings with the NTP
- In coordinating with the country representative, attend relevant provincial, regional, national or international meetings, including CTB project meetings
- Proactively and continuously update own knowledge and skills.
Who are we looking for?
- Health Professional preferably with a Master’s degree in public health, epidemiology or comparable qualification.
Knowledge and Experience
- Excellent track record on technical assistance and working with technical partners
- Excellent personal relationships with professional colleagues
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a leadership role
- Experience in liaising with government authorities
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in TB control/program management
Behavioral Competencies and Skills
- People management skills
- Analytical Skills
- Ability to cope with stress
- Good communication skills, fluent in English
What do we offer?
- A competitive salary
- Highly motivated team of experienced, self-driven colleagues
Application and Information
You can apply for this position via the form below before February 24th 2017. If you have any questions, feel free to contact our HRM Team in Indonesia at email@example.com. Please note that we will only consider the applications that are received through the KNCV website.
Applications that are sent to the recruitment email account will not taken into consideration.
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental handicap, or status as a disabled person.