KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation is looking for a
Director Operations and Finance
Duty station: Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan
Introduction to KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation is an international non-profit organization dedicated to the fight against tuberculosis (TB), still the deadliest infectious disease in the world.
KNCV is an international center of expertise for TB control that promotes effective, efficient, innovative and sustainable tuberculosis control strategies in a national and international context. We are an organization of passionate TB professionals, including doctors, researchers, training experts, nurses and epidemiologists and laboratory scientists. We aim to stop the spread of the worldwide epidemic of TB and to prevent the further spread of drug-resistant TB.
Introduction to the position
KNCV is planning to recruit a Director Operations and Finance for a potential five-year USAID/Kyrgyzstan TB Control Project. The overarching goal of the Project is to reduce the burden of DR-TB in the Kyrgyz Republic.
This position is subject to project award and funding.
Purpose of the position
As Director Operations and Finance, you are responsible for the daily management of the office and oversee the project with partners and other relevant stakeholders.
As Director Operations and Finance you will:
- Oversee the project and office management
- Coordinate daily activities closely with the collaborating partners in
- Oversee and supervise all administrative, personnel and financial affairs
- Participate in development of the annual work plan and budget in consultation with partners, USAID and NTP
- Monitor the progress of managing the grant funds of the project.
- Ensure timely and accurate submitting of all financial reports.
- Ensures accountability of KNCV Kyrgyzstan and communicate with the internal and external audit teams.
- Monitor project spending and pipeline analysis on a monthly basis.
- Assist in managerial and organizational activities that are directly or indirectly related to the implementation of the project in Kyrgyzstan.
Who are we looking for?
Education and experience
- Academic level of working and thinking (preferably master’s degree in BA or an equivalent)
- At least 10 years of experience in project- and operational management; including complex programs
- Experience in financial management
- Knowledge and experience working with donors (USAID) is an advantage
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and in writing in English and in Russian (Kyrgyz is an advantage)
- Knowledge of administrative procedures and experience with relevant software packages, such as Excel and Word
- Working experience in the Public Health sector is an advantage
- Proactive, a team player and a good communicator
- Analytical thinking
- Planning and Organizing
- Result Oriented
- Problem Solving
- Culturally sensitive
- Incorruptible and discreet
What does KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation offer?
- A fixed-term contract for a year, with the intension to extend the contract;
- An informal work atmosphere in an international environment where initiative is appreciated;
- A highly-motivated team of experienced, self-driven colleagues;
- A competitive salary dependent upon education and relevant working experience;
- Full-time employment consisting of 40 hours per week.
Application Procedure and Information
You can apply for this position by submitting your CV, including a motivation letter via the form below before COB 11 March 2019. If you have any questions, feel free to contact our HRM Team in The Netherlands: +31(0)70-41672222.
Please note that we only consider the applications that are received through the KNCV website.