KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation is an international non-profit organization dedicated to the fight against tuberculosis (TB), the most deadly infectious disease in the world. KNCV is an international center of expertise for TB control that promotes effective, efficient, innovative and sustainable tuberculosis control strategies in a national and international context. We are an organization of passionate TB professionals, including doctors, researchers, training experts, nurses and epidemiologists. We aim to stop the spread of the worldwide epidemic of TB and to prevent the further spread of drug-resistant TB.
Over the past century we have built up a wealth of knowledge and expertise, initially by successfully controlling TB in the Netherlands. However, since the 1970s, we have also shared our knowledge and expertise with the rest of the world. We operate from a central office in The Hague in the Netherlands, and country offices worldwide. KNCV raises funds from private, institutional, corporate, and government donors.
KNCV has had a registered representative office in Indonesia since 2004 and is responsible for the management and implementation of all KNCV’s programs and activities in Indonesia. KNCV has its main office in Jakarta, from where a team coordinates and supports the implementation of the program at the national, provincial and district levels. KNCV currently has three provincial offices and seven satellite offices. There are currently over 100 full time staff and this is expected to grow to 136 (50 at the central office and 86 in satellite offices) over the next few months.
KNCV is the lead partner in Challenge TB (CTB), the USAID-funded 5-year global project to decrease TB mortality and morbidity in high burdened countries. We lead an international consortium with eight partner organizations: American Thoracic Society (ATS), Family Health International (FHI 360), Interactive Research & Development (IRD), Japanese Anti Tuberculosis Foundation (JATA), Management Sciences for Health (MSH), Program for Appropriate Technology in Health (PATH), The International Union Against Tuberculosis and Lung Disease (The Union), and the World Health Organization.
Under leadership of KNCV, in Indonesia Challenge TB supports the National TB program (NTP), within the Ministry of Health and operates in close coordination with the USAID Jakarta Mission, KNCV’s in country coalition partners FHI360 and WHO, and other partners. The overarching strategic objectives of Challenge TB are to improve access to quality patient centred care for TB, TB/HIV, and MDR-TB services; to prevent transmission and disease progression; and to strengthen TB platforms.
KNCV also currently manages the Technical Assistance Plans for Global Fund Principal Recipients; a) Management of Technical Assistance for implementation of Phase 2 SSF, GFATM, National TB Control Program – PR Ministry of Health, and b) Management of Technical Assistance for implementation of Phase 2 SSF, GFATM Aisyiyah TB Care – PR Aisyiyah.
Purpose of the Position
The Director Operations is responsible for the day-to-day management and coordination of all the operational aspects, i.e. finance, administration and personnel affairs, of KNCV Indonesia to ensure an efficient, transparent and accountable operation of the KNCV Program in Indonesia (both in Jakarta as well as in the satellite offices).
The Director Operations reports to the Country Representative / Chief of Party for Challenge TB, who is heading the KNCV country office and ultimately responsible for all aspects of the KNCV Indonesia program. The Country Representative is supported by two key staff; the Director Operations and the Director Technical Services. The Director or Operations, is also the Deputy Country Representative and as such represents the Country Representative when required.
As Challenge TB Director Operations you will:
- Oversee, manage and strengthen the operations team: human resources, finance and administration staff;
- Deputize, represent and support the Country Representative (CR) when required;
- Support the CR with donor and government relations and ensure fulfillment of all Government of Indonesia, donor and KNCV rules and regulations;
- Act as the security focal point – responsible for the development, refinement and implementation of the KNCV Indonesia Security Plan, in line with KNCV’s security policy;
- Manage the operational funds with clear and transparent mechanisms and processes, which comply with KNCV and Donor requirements;
- Manage the development of the Challenge TB work plans and budgets with NTP, USAID, Mission and Washington, partners;
- Develop, refine and implement all Program Manuals, Guidelines and Handbooks related to program operations, administration and finance management to comply with regulations of Government of Indonesia, donors and KNCV;
- Coordinate the implementation of the Program Communication Strategy including procurement of all Program advertising material, website development, and maintenance;
- Work closely with the CR in relation regularly communicating with KNCV HQ, partners, USAID etc. on the operational progress, achievements and challenges.
Who are we looking for?
- Academic level of working and thinking (preferably a Master’s Degree, BA or equivalent in a relevant subject).
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience in managing large, complex development projects (ideally health related) in a multi-cultural setting;
- Demonstrated experience in building and managing large multi-cultural teams;
- Strong finance management experience of large intricate budgets;
- Excellent understanding of project management and annual planning processes;
- Demonstrated experience of working closely with government counterparts, managing donor relations and strengthening partnerships;
- Experience in the development and implementation of program, administration and finance management guidelines;
- Advanced knowledge of relevant software (Word, Excel and Power Point);
- Knowledge of USAID rules and regulations is highly desirable;
- Ideally 5 years working experience in Indonesia;
- Excellent verbal and written skills in English and ability to communicate in Bahasa Indonesia is strongly recommended;
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and writing skills.
- A strong team leader;
- Planning and organizing;
- Solution focused, problem solving;
- Able to delegate tasks and build the capacity of others;
- Culturally sensitive and diplomatic.
What do we offer?
- A fixed-term contract for a year, with the intention to extend the contract;
- An informal work atmosphere in an international environment where initiative is appreciated;
- A highly-motivated team of experienced, self-driven colleagues;
- The salary is dependent upon education and relevant working experience;
- KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation has its own Employment Conditions Scheme.
Application and information
You can apply for this position via the form below before the 6th of March 2016. If you have any questions, feel free to contact our HRM Team in The Netherlands: +31(0)70-4167228 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental handicap, or status as a disabled person.