KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation is an international non-profit organization dedicated to the fight against tuberculosis (TB), still the second most deadly infectious disease in the world.
KNCV is an international center of expertise for TB control that promotes effective, efficient, innovative and sustainable tuberculosis control strategies in a national and international context. We are an organization of passionate TB professionals, including doctors, researchers, training experts, nurses and epidemiologists. We aim to stop the spread of the worldwide epidemic of TB and to prevent the further spread of drug-resistant TB.
Over the past century we have built up a wealth of knowledge and expertise, initially by successfully controlling TB in the Netherlands. Since the 1970s, we have also shared our knowledge and expertise with the rest of the world. We operate from a central office in The Hague in the Netherlands, a regional office in Central Asia and country offices worldwide. KNCV raises funds from private, institutional, corporate, and government donors.
KNCV is the lead partner in Challenge TB, the USAID-funded 5-year global project to decrease TB mortality and morbidity in high burdened countries. We lead an international consortium with eight partner organizations. The overarching strategic objectives of Challenge TB are to improve access to quality patient centered care for TB, TB/HIV, and drug-resistant TB services; to prevent transmission and disease progression; and to strengthen TB platforms.
Purpose of the position
The Director Operations is responsible for managing the divisions’ staff in delivering efficient and effective management of the project cycle (from negotiating, planning and contracting to implementation, monitoring, reporting and closing), overseeing day-to-day project operations, donor and partner relationship management as well as performance (technical and financial). The Director Operations ensures that all projects are managed according to each contract specifics and donor requirements). The Director Operations supports the visibility of project results and contributes to resource mobilization opportunities.
The Director Operations supervises the team of the Division Operations (appr. 20 fte including country representatives in 13 country offices) and reports hierarchically to the CEO. He/she is member of the Management Team and works closely together with the Director Technical division, Director of the Challenge TB PMU and Director Finance.
As Director Operations you will:
- Develop and oversee operational infrastructure, systems, and processes that ensure
effective operations for all KNCV involved projects, including registration and staffing of all KNCV country offices;
- Assess, enhance and adapt operational infrastructure, systems, and processes to ensure effectiveness, providing optimal support to and alignment with the Challenge TB project;
- Oversee annual planning and ongoing processing of donor and KNCV own funded projects, ensuring that they are implemented accurately in a timely manner, and in accordance with
KNCVs and donors’ policies and procedures;
- Provide regular reporting on operations to the CEO and inform other KNCV divisions/units on relevant matters;
- Evaluate existing project implementation cycles and adjust where necessary for maximum effectiveness, efficiency and donor satisfaction;
- Represent KNCV externally on project management issues both at headquarter level and in-country;
- Build operational and strategic relationships with donors, country stakeholders and
other partners to ensure the appropriate implementation of the projects, taking into
consideration national strategies and context;
- Support new project acquisition and contributes to Resource Mobilization on request;
- Supervise the Division Operations team;
- Visit the project sites and countries.
Who are we looking for?
- Masters’ degree in a relevant field.
- At least 10 years management experience in a relevant international context (preferably tuberculosis/public health);
- In depth knowledge of project management including areas as M&E;
- Knowledge of ongoing and emerging issues in relation to TB epidemiology, global and international policy, evidence development, and TB control strategies;
- Experience in managing an international team and field offices;
- Advanced knowledge with relevant software applications;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English (Dutch is desirable).
Behavioral competencies and skills:
- Planning and Organizing;
- Result Oriented;
- Problem Solving;
- Cultural sensitive;
What does KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation offer?
- A fixed-term contract for a year, with the intention to extend the contract;
- An informal work atmosphere in an international environment where initiative is appreciated;
- A highly-motivated team of experienced, self-driven colleagues;
- The salary is dependent upon education and relevant working experience;
- KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation has its own Employment Conditions Scheme;
- Full-time employment consists of 38 hours per week.
Application and information
Your application with curriculum vitae, motivation letter and three professional references should be sent using the application form beneath. All applications should be sent before 8th of November to KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation
For more information please contact us:
Ms. Larissa Lutmers
+31 70 416 7222
Acquisition for this vacancy is not appreciated.
Apply before: 8th of November
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental handicap, or status as a disabled person.