KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation is looking for a fulltime
Duty Station: Zomba, Malawi
KNCV is the lead partner in Challenge TB (CTB), the USAID-funded 5-year global program to decrease TB mortality and morbidity in high-burdened countries. We lead an international consortium with eight partner organizations: American Thoracic Society (ATS), FHI 360, Interactive Research & Development (IRD), Japan Anti-Tuberculosis Foundation (JATA), Management Sciences for Health (MSH), PATH, The International Union Against Tuberculosis and Lung Disease (The Union), and the World Health Organization (WHO).
The overarching strategic objectives of Challenge TB are to improve access to quality patient centred care for TB, TB/HIV, and MDR-TB services; to prevent transmission and disease progression; and to strengthen TB platforms.
Purpose of the position
In the position of the driver/logistician you manage project vehicles and carry out project duties as assigned by the project management.
As a Driver/Logistician you will:
- Ensure that all vehicles are properly maintained and are kept in good working condition
- Properly maintain the vehicle log book
- Advise the management on due dates of vehicle certificates
- Drive members of staff short and long distances on all kind of roads, and during irregular working hours
- Ensure that all damages and accidents are reported to the management on time and accurately
- Carry out any other duties as assigned by the management.
This position will be based within the Zonal Office in Zomba
Who we are looking for?
- A minimum of Malawi School Certificate of Education
- Defensive Driving Certificate
- A minimum of five years relevant experience
Behavioral competencies and skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to cope with stress and to organize and prioritize workload
- Ability to work collaboratively
- Team player
What does KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation offer?
- A contract for 12 months with possible extension depending on performance and available funding
- An informal work atmosphere in an international environment where initiative is appreciated
- A highly-motivated team of experienced, self-driven colleagues
- The salary is dependent upon education and relevant working experience
- KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation has its own Employment Conditions Scheme
Application and information
You can apply for the positions via the form below, closing date is the 8th of October 2017. For more information, please contact us via +265 994 869 999 or send an email to email@example.com
Please note that we only consider the applications that are received through the KNCV website. Applicants that are sent to recruit email account are not taken into consideration.