KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation is looking for a fulltime
Field Data Collector for the IMPAACT4TB Project (two positions)
Duty Stations: Arusha and Mbeya, Tanzania
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation is an international non-profit organization dedicated to the fight against tuberculosis (TB), still the deadliest infectious disease in the world.
KNCV is an international center of expertise for TB control that promotes effective, efficient, innovative and sustainable tuberculosis control strategies in a national and international context. We are an organization of passionate TB professionals, including doctors, researchers, training experts, nurses and epidemiologists. We aim to stop the spread of the worldwide epidemic of TB and to prevent the further spread of drug-resistant TB.
Over the past century we have built up a wealth of knowledge and expertise, initially by successfully controlling TB in the Netherlands. Since the 1970s, we have also shared our knowledge and expertise with the rest of the world. We operate from a central office in The Hague in the Netherlands, a regional office in Central Asia and country offices worldwide. KNCV raises funds from private, institutional, corporate, and government donors.
Position in the organization
The Field Data Collector will collect data and lead monitoring and evaluation of IMPAACT4TB project field activities. He/she will report directly to the IMPAACT4TB Monitoring & Evaluation Officer and will maintain close communication and coordination with the IMPAACT4TB Field Technical Officer.
As Field data Collector you will:
- Supervise and train the health care workers responsible for collecting and recording the data from sentinel sites and ensure accurate data is captured and recorded into the respective data collection tools in a timely fashion;
- Gather and enter data from the IMPAACT4TB sentinel sites and transfer to the M & E Officer as required;
- Ensure timely and complete reporting from all field implemented activities in accordance with approved reporting formats;
- Identify strengths and weaknesses in existing data collection and management system and propose solutions;
- Train and mentor the health workers in a regular manner so as to record accurate data;
- Assist the Field Technical Officer and other technical personnel in clarifying project information needs;
- Compile data and prepare monthly progress reports in line with the required formats;
- Follow Adapt and implement tools and techniques to improve the quality and use of data for decision making;
- Participate in joint supportive supervision visits within the regions;
- Coordinate visits by the M & E Officer and assist in verifying the accuracy of reported data;
- Compile information on lessons learned and success stories;
- Ensure that data queries from the IMPAACT4TB senior staff and other stakeholders are addressed in an accurate and timely manner.
Who are we looking for?
Minimum of a post graduate diploma in Data/Information Management or any other related field.
- At least 3 years of health information and data management experience;
- Experience of working in a non-governmental health project is an added advantage;
- Capacity to produce high quality briefs and detailed performance reports;
- Good level of proficiency in Window Excel and quantitative analysis;
- Conversant with different M & E tools, surveys, surveillance system and evaluations.
Behavioral competencies and skills
- Flexible and easy to train in different data collection tools;
- Demonstrated ability to mentor and build capacity of others;
- Good interpersonal skills;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and Swahili;
- Ability to work independently most of the time;
- Ability to cope with a demanding work environment and to organize and prioritize workload.
What do we offer?
- A full time (40 hours) fixed-term contract for a year, with the intention to extend the contract;
- An informal work atmosphere in an international environment where initiative is appreciated;
- A highly-motivated team of experienced, self-driven colleagues;
- The salary is dependent upon education and relevant working experience;
- KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation has its own HR Manual.
Application and Information
You can apply for this position by submitting your CV, including a motivation letter and 3 professional references, via the form below . before 20 June 2019. If you have any questions, feel free to contact our HRM Team in Tanzania: + 255 22 266 4859 or mail to email@example.com.