KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation is an international non-profit organization dedicated to the fight against tuberculosis (TB), still the second most deadly infectious disease in the world.
KNCV is an international center of expertise for TB control that promotes effective, efficient, innovative and sustainable tuberculosis control strategies in a national and international context. We are an organization of passionate TB professionals, including doctors, researchers, training experts, nurses and epidemiologists. We aim to stop the spread of the worldwide epidemic of TB and to prevent the further spread of drug-resistant TB.
Over the past century we have built up a wealth of knowledge and expertise, initially by successfully controlling TB in the Netherlands. Since the 1970s, we have also shared our knowledge and expertise with the rest of the world. We operate from a central office in The Hague in the Netherlands, a regional office in Central Asia and country offices worldwide. KNCV raises funds from private, institutional, corporate, and government donors.
KNCV is the lead partner in Challenge TB (CTB), the new USAID-funded 5-year global program to decrease TB mortality and morbidity in high burdened countries. We lead an international consortium with eight partner organizations: American Thoracic Society (ATS), Family Health International (FHI 360), Interactive Research & Development (IRD), Japanese Anti Tuberculosis Foundation (JATA), Management Sciences for Health (MSH), Program for Appropriate Technology in Health (PATH), The International Union Against Tuberculosis and Lung Disease (The Union), and the World Health Organization. The overarching strategic objectives of Challenge TB are to improve access to quality patient centered care for TB, TB/HIV, and MDR-TB services; to prevent transmission and disease progression; and to strengthen TB platforms.
Purpose of the position
The position of Finance & Administrative Assistant aims at planning, directing and overseeing the project activities at KNCV Malawi Office, including Finance, procurement, administrative and office operations.
The Finance & Administrative Assistant reports to the Challenge TB Finance Administration Officer.
Duties and responsibilities
As a Finance & Administrative Assistant you will:
Finance & Admin Support:
- Maintain books of accounts for the field office;
- Maintain Petty cash for the field office;
- Support in the management of debtors and creditors for the field office;
- Prepare letters as per the guidance from the Country Director or Finance Administration Officer;
- Prepare, disseminate and document minutes of meetings;
- Be responsible for file management, dissemination of programmatic information and contributes to KNCVs knowledge management;
- Be responsible for office communication (e-mail, phone calls, documents, etc.) in English and local language;
- Follow up on VAT exemption issues at the related Ministry and USAID Mission;
- Provide administrative and logistic support for the organization of events for all technical areas, including training, meetings, workshops, inaugural events, etc.;
- Take care of office supplies, including making sure all required stationaries are present;
- Take care of maintenance and servicing of office equipment;
- Assist with printing, photocopying and scanning of relevant documents;
- Implement other relevant duties as deemed necessary by the Country Director and Finance Administration Officer.
- Be in charge of making flight arrangements for all domestic air travels as per request, and approved by the Country Director;
- Liaise with Raptim Travel in the Netherlands for international travel of staff and sponsored travelers as per request, and approved by the Country Director;
- Facilitate obtaining of visa for visiting consultants as needed (writing of invitation letters, obtaining travel approval at immigration office, etc.);
- Coordinate and arrange hotel rooms, transport and catering for Challenge TB staff and guest during workshops, conferences, and trainings;
- Supervise drivers in the field office.
Who are we looking for?
- Minimum of a Bachelors degree/Advanced Diploma in Business Administration, Accounting, Public Administration or Social sciences.
- Experience working with USAID, and/or other donor funded projects, will be an added advantage;
- Minimum of five years relevant experience;
- Field office management experience is a must;
- Strong command of written and spoken English;
- Proficiency in relevant software (Word, Excel);
- Proficiency in accounting packages like Quick books will be an added advantage.
Behavioral competencies and skills:
- Diplomacy, tact and sensitivity;
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
Duration of the contract
12 months with possible extension, depending on funding and performance.
Application and information
You can apply for this position using the application form below before the 4th of January 2016. If you have any questions, feel free to contact our HRM Team in The Netherlands: +31(0)70-4167228 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that due to our regulations internal candidates prevail over external candidates.
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental handicap, or status as a disabled person.