KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation is looking for a
Finance & Administrative Assistant (Full time)
Duty station: Lilongwe, Malawi
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation is an international non-profit organization dedicated to the fight against tuberculosis (TB), still the second most deadly infectious disease in the world.
KNCV is an international center of expertise for TB control that promotes effective, efficient, innovative and sustainable tuberculosis control strategies in a national and international context. We are an organization of passionate TB professionals, including doctors, researchers, training experts, nurses and epidemiologists. We aim to stop the spread of the worldwide epidemic of TB and to prevent the further spread of drug-resistant TB.
Over the past century we have built up a wealth of knowledge and expertise, initially by successfully controlling TB in the Netherlands. Since the 1970s, we have also shared our knowledge and expertise with the rest of the world. We operate from a central office in The Hague in the Netherlands, a regional office in Central Asia and country offices worldwide. KNCV raises funds from private, institutional, corporate, and government donors.
KNCV is the lead partner in Challenge TB (CTB), the new USAID-funded 5-year global program to decrease TB mortality and morbidity in high burdened countries. We lead an international consortium with eight partner organizations: American Thoracic Society (ATS), Family Health International (FHI 360), Interactive Research & Development (IRD), Japanese Anti Tuberculosis Foundation (JATA), Management Sciences for Health (MSH), Program for Appropriate Technology in Health (PATH), The International Union Against Tuberculosis and Lung Disease (The Union), and the World Health Organization.
The overarching strategic objectives of Challenge TB are to improve access to quality patient centered care for TB, TB/HIV, and MDR-TB services; to prevent transmission and disease progression; and to strengthen TB platforms.
Purpose of the position
The position of Finance & Administrative Assistant aims at planning, directing and overseeing the project activities at KNCV Malawi Office, including Finance, procurement, administrative and office operations.
He/she reports to the Challenge TB Senior Finance and Administration Officer.
Finance & Admin Support:
- Maintains books of accounts for the field office.
- Maintains Petty cash for the field office
- Helps in the management of debtors and creditors for the filed office.
- Prepares letters as per the guidance from the Country Director or Finance Administration Officer
- Prepares, disseminates and documents minutes of meetings
- Responsible for file management, dissemination of programmatic information and contributes to KNCVs knowledge management
- Responsible for office communication (e-mail, phone calls, documents, etc.) in English and local language
- Follows up on VAT exemption issues at the related Ministry and USAID Mission
- Provides administrative and logistic support for the organization of events for all technical areas, including training, meetings, workshops, inaugural events, etc.
- Takes care of office supplies, including making sure all required stationaries are present
- Takes care of maintenance and servicing of office equipment
- Assists with printing, photocopying and scanning of relevant documents
- Implements other relevant duties as deemed necessary by the Country Director and Finance Administration Officer
Program Support and Transport management:
- Helps the program staff in planning and coordinating activities whilst making sure that the activities are all within budget.
- Coordinates and arranges hotel rooms, transport and catering for Challenge TB staff and guest during workshops, conferences, and trainings
- Manages drivers in the field office
- Manages Cash Float for activities and make sure that they are reconciled in time.
- Consolidates all month activities from Programs team and comes up with a Monthly travel and procurement plan.
Duration of the contract
11 months with possible extension.
Who are we looking for?
- Minimum of a Bachelors degree/Advanced Diploma in Business Administration, Accounting, Public Administration or Social sciencies.
- Experience working with USAID, and/or other donor funded projects, will be an added advantage
- Minimum of five years relevant experience
- Field office management experience is a must
- Strong command of written and spoken English
- Proficiency in relevant software (Word, Excel)
- Proficiency in accounting packages like Quick books will be an added advantage
Behavioral competencies and skills:
- Diplomacy, tact and sensitivity
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
You can apply for this position via the form below before 11 November 2016. If you have any questions, feel free to contact our HRM Team in The Netherlands: +31(0)70-4167228 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that we only consider the applications that are received through the KNCV website. Applicants that are sent to recruit email account are not taken into consideration.
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental handicap, or status as a disabled.