Finance & Administrative Officer Duty Station: Hanoi, Vietnam
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation is an international non-profit organization dedicated to the fight against tuberculosis (TB), still the second most deadly infectious disease in the world. KNCV is an international center of expertise for TB control that promotes effective, efficient, innovative and sustainable tuberculosis control strategies in a national and international context.
We are an organization of passionate TB professionals, including doctors, researchers, training experts, nurses and epidemiologists. We aim to stop the spread of the worldwide epidemic of TB and to prevent the further spread of drug-resistant TB. Over the past century we have built up a wealth of knowledge and expertise, initially by successfully controlling TB in the Netherlands. Since the 1970s, we have also shared our knowledge and expertise with the rest of the world. We operate from a central office in The Hague in the Netherlands, a regional office in Central Asia and country offices worldwide. KNCV raises funds from private, institutional, corporate, and government donors.
Purpose of the assignment
The Finance & Administrative Officer is responsible for the financial management, administration & human resource management of the country office in accordance with the Vietnam legislation and KNCV HRM Manual.
Position in the organization
He/she will report directly to the Project Coordinator and will maintain close communication and coordination with the headquarters’ office KNCV Finance and HRM division.
As Finance & Administrative Officer you will:
- Support the Project Coordinator in the administration and efficient financial management of the projects;
- Ensure the accounting transactions are in accordance with accepted Accounting Principles, KNCV and donor policies, and any cost principles imposed by KNCV or donor;
- Support the Project Coordinator in development of project budgets and cash flow projections;
- Keep timely, complete and correct financial transactions;
- Facilitate accurate and timely submission of monthly financial reports; review monthly balance sheet reconciliations including bank reconciliation;
- Monitor availability of funds so that cash flow adequately supports project activities;
- Contact person for audits by internal and external auditors, and will provide support during audit and resolve audit queries;
- Monitor and analyze monthly operating results against budget; provide results of such analysis for project monitoring to the Project Coordinator and the headquarters’ office KNCV Finance Officer as required;
- Prepare the monthly payroll and ensure timely settlement of payroll deductions to the relevant reporting authorities;
- Produce all essential regulatory bodies’ statutory reports as per the required format and reporting timeline;
- Ensure compliance with legislative requirements of the government, KNCV country office manual and other KCNV manuals, and donor requirements;
- Ensure the effective management, monitoring and tracking of project properties including maintenance of the inventory;
What are we looking for?
- Bachelor degree (Accounting, Finance and or Business Management). Those with ACCA/CIMA/ICAM will be preferred
- Excellent written and verbal English language skills
- Must be self-starter with the ability to work in a team, dynamic, solid and open
- Must be flexible with absolute integrity, organizational awareness and understanding of cultural differences
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in accounting and finance, preferably with an international organization;
- Experience with donor funded projects in a public health related field preferred;
- Demonstrated experience and skills in planning, budgeting and forecasting, financial management and financial reporting;
- High degree of communications skills and sense of urgency particularly attuned to working well with non-finance professionals;
- Used to working in a fast-moving environment providing accurate and timely information of a high standard.
Behavioral competencies and skills
- Excellent command of written and spoken English and Vietnamese;
- Excellent skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook;
- Knowledge of QuickBooks, Exact accounting package and/or similar accounting software;
- Ability to efficiently organize work;
- Ability to work as part of a team and independently;
- Ability to cope with a high demanding work environment and to organize and prioritize workload;
- Ability to work with national and international teams.
What do we offer?
- A full time (40 hours) fixed-term contract for a year, with the intention to extend the contract;
- An informal work atmosphere in an international environment where initiative is appreciated;
- A highly-motivated team of experienced, self-driven colleagues;
- The salary is dependent upon education and relevant working experience;
- KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation has its own HRM Manual.
Application and Information
You can apply for this position by filling the form below and submitting your CV, including a motivation letter and 3 professional references before 14 July 2019.
Please note that we only consider the applications that are received through the KNCV website. Applicants that are sent to recruit email account are not taken into consideration.