KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation is looking for a full-time
Finance & Administrative Officer
Duty station: Manila, Philippines
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation is an international non-profit organization dedicated to the fight against tuberculosis (TB), still the deadliest infectious disease in the world. KNCV is an international center of expertise for TB control that promotes effective, efficient, innovative and sustainable tuberculosis control strategies in a national and international context. We are an organization of passionate TB professionals, including doctors, researchers, training experts, nurses and epidemiologists. We aim to stop the spread of the worldwide epidemic of TB and to prevent the further spread of drug-resistant TB.
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation (KNCV) leads the ASCENT (Adherence Support Coalition to End TB- project), the new Unitaid-funded 3.5 year project that will implement Digital Adherence Technology (DAT) interventions in five key countries (Ethiopia, the Philippines, South Africa, Tanzania, and Ukraine) in order to enable innovative new patient-centered, optimized TB care pathways for all types of TB (DS-TB, DR-TB, LTBI) and support the growing global momentum towards the use of these technologies.
Purpose of the position and organizational position
The Finance & Administrative Officer is responsible for keeping accurate, complete and up-to date office records for KNCV Philippines Country Office, as well as monitoring of the balance sheet and the supply of relevant information to internal stakeholders, manage the procurement and administrative processes. The position reports directly to ASCENT Project Manager.
As a Finance and Administrative Officer you will
- Check and assign codes to all financial documents, ensure payment requests and settlements are within available budget;
- Enter all financial documents into the accounting system and prepare and process payments for approval by the signatory in the banking system;
- Monitor all advance accounts and reports outstanding balances to KNCV Grant Administrator in The Hague, The Netherlands on a regular basis and ensure that all project expenses incurred are paid timely, documented and filed;
- Analyse and report significant discrepancies in actual income and expenses versus budgets to the Project Manager. Further, you prepare budgets and adjustments to budgets, manage the annual audit process and related activities;
- Prepare financial reports for internal and external stakeholders;
- Ensure compliance with all Unitaid and KNCV financial management and accounting policies and regulations and adherence to all major financial rules and regulations which are described in the KNCV Field Office Manual;
- Manage in-country procurement;
- Maintenance and management of the physical office and equipment;
- Check monthly payroll computation;
- Facilitate the disbursement of payroll;
- Monitor staff attendance and maintain related documents;
- Assist in the implementation of Local Security Management Framework.
Who are we looking for?
- Bachelor degree (Accounting, Finance and or Business Management);
- Minimum 4 years’ experience directly related to financial management or accountancy, preferably with an international non-for-profit organization (NGO);
- Demonstrable experience with accounting and financial reporting in donor supported projects;
- Knowledge of government laws in the Philippines for NGOs operation in the country;
- Knowledge and proficiency in financial Accounting software, like QuickBooks, EXACT Globe & MS Excel and MS Word.
What does KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation offer?
- A contract for 12 months with possible extension depending on performance and available funding;
- An informal work atmosphere in an international environment where initiative is appreciated;
- A highly-motivated team of experienced, self-driven colleagues;
- The salary is dependent upon education and relevant working experience;
- KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation has its own Employment Conditions Scheme.
Application and information
Applicants must be eligible to work in the Philippines. You can apply for this position by submitting your CV, including a motivation letter and 3 professional references up to and including 24 August 2020. If you have any questions on the position, please feel free to contact +63 917 710 1400. For further information on KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation, please see www.kncvtbc.org.
Please note that we only consider the applications that are received through the KNCV website. Applicants that are sent to recruit email account are not taken into consideration.